Back End Developer at WorkPay
About the role
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Manage hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Optimization of applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming
- Ability to write well-documented, clean code
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Experience with automated testing suites
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Why you should join WorkPay
WorkPay provides SMBs in Africa with tools for time tracking, payroll processing, and salary disbursement to banks and mobile wallets.