DevOps Engineer at WorkRamp
About the role
WorkRamp is the leading enterprise platform for corporate learning. We’re out to revolutionize the way people onboard, train, and get certified across the business. Top companies like Zoom, Box, and Reddit trust WorkRamp to deliver amazing learning experiences for their customers, partners, and employees.
🙌 Why WorkRamp?
WorkRamp is a people-driven company with the belief that businesses should not only build lasting products but also lasting careers. We want to work with people who are incredibly team-oriented, jump head-first into a challenge, and always maintain a high bar for excellence.
- #1 Top-Rated LMS by The Motley Fool
- #1 on Inc's 2021 Best Workplaces List for Startups
- Fortune's Best Places to Work in the Bay Area 2021
- Recently raised a $17M Series B led by OMERS Ventures
- Top 100 fastest-growing SaaS companies of 2020 by SaaS Mag
We just raised our Series B and are growing steadily in a large, well-defined SaaS market. This is an exciting time to join the team as we blitzscale and build the team for the next stage of growth.
We're an experienced enterprise team with members that have been part of the early engineering function at SaaS companies, like Box and Mixpanel. We move extremely quickly and are constantly pushing each other to release early and often.
🔧 What will I be doing?
- Manage and help support various AWS Services (EC2, RDS, etc)
- Setup/implement/maintain tools and required infrastructure
- Assist in building and maintaining test systems and automated test scripts
- Secure infrastructure using security best practices (TLS, bastion hosts, certificate management, authentication and authorization, network segmentation etc.)
- Conduct system maintenance activities, usually on the server backend
- Monitor performance to reduce interruptions and server crashes. This can involve monitoring daily traffic logs and reports or working directly with end users
- Develop and deploy proactive solutions to ensure system usability across the organization
- Build and deploy state-of-the-art LMS platform using the latest CI/CD techniques which are fully automated, repeatable, and secure
- Build new internal tools to streamline how we service and scale to customer
Our tech stack consists of:
- Ruby on Rails backend
- Deployed on AWS
💡 What skills do I need?
- Strong desire to work at an early-stage startup
- Able to take on very complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persevere towards a robust solution
- A good communicator, and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Intuitive in using the right type of infrastructure models to address engineering and product needs
- Solid understanding of the AWS infrastructure
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Ruby/Python/Perl/Java experience
- Expert time-management and prioritization within a fast-paced environment
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
Full healthcare coverage
Stipend for remote work setup
One of the best teams in tech!
This role can be based anywhere in the US or Canada
At this time, WorkRamp does not sponsor work visas
Why you should join WorkRamp
WorkRamp is the leading end-to-end training platform for educating employees and customers at scale. Empower your users with an engaging learning platform that helps you execute better across your entire business. See why companies like Zoom, Square, and Intercom trust WorkRamp to train their teams and customers by visiting workramp.com.