Product Designer at Worksphere
About the role
About Worksphere (worksphere.com)
Worksphere helps companies manage a hybrid workplace where employees work from the office and from home.
We are in the midst of the biggest transformation of work in our lifetime. We're on a mission to enable people to work from where they're most productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator, and recently raised a seed round with Village Global, and other leading VCs (read about us in Geekwire).
About Our Team
Founded by ex-Amazon leaders, our team has diverse backgrounds in product management, tech, and growth. Prior to Worksphere the founding team launched a successful workplace food-tech startup, and built it to a $12M revenue business. They launched Worksphere after learning from their HR and Facilities clients that companies need a software platform to successfully make the shift to a hybrid workplace.
About the Role
You will be the founding internal product designer owning end-to-end product design for Worksphere. You will (1) create wireframes of the user experience from product requirements, (2) incorporate internal and customer feedback and (3) build ready-to-engineer mockups. You will follow the look-and-feel and design patterns from the existing product. For new areas where patterns don’t yet exist you will develop those design patterns.
You will be working hands-on with the leadership team to design the final experience. Your designs will be built by our 7-person engineering team. We have an engaged customer base that regularly provides feedback. You will conduct regular research with our customer base to build designs that customers want and love.
You will also contribute in other areas including marketing website designs, sales collateral and social media visual content. In the future you will have the opportunity to build and grow the design team and define the design strategy for Worksphere.
Our technology is built entirely on open-source technologies, with a React frontend using Material UI, a Ruby on Rails backend API, and a Postgres database layer.
You are a customer-obsessed person, an effective communicator, and a team player. You thrive in a fast paced environment and love to design products that customers want. You have a startup mindset and are excited about the pace, ambiguity and opportunity that comes from building from the ground up. You have a high bias for action and are always willing to roll up your sleeves to do whatever it takes to deliver an excellent product at startup speed.
You have strong empathy for users. You are hungry for data on user behavior and love talking to them, hearing their feedback, and untangling their needs into a clear product direction.
- 4+ years experience in product design (web and/or mobile), creating beautiful and usable designs. You have a portfolio of web design samples to show your work.
- Strong user experience design skills: understanding of information architecture and user flow
- Strong visual/UI design skills on web and native mobile, including layout, typography, visual hierarchy
- Strong product-thinking skills: understanding of how your designs support your user’s goals, product vision, and company objectives
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research techniques to inform your designs
- Expert with Figma and/or Sketch
- Familiar with building and maintaining design systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- B2B or SAAS product design experience is a plus
- Front end development skills such as HTML, CSS, JS (or React) is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment is a plus
- Ground floor opportunity; shape the direction of a fast-growing Y Combinator startup
- Healthcare (Medical/Dental) benefits
- Full computer/tech set up
- Competitive pay
- Flexible time off
- Paid sick leave
- Hybrid/flexible workplace
Why you should join Worksphere
Worksphere helps companies manage a hybrid workplace where employees work from the office and from home. We allow employees to reserve a desk, know who will be in office, and better coordinate in-person meetings.
We launched in January, and already have 8+ customers who employ 2,600 people.
Offices are undergoing massive transformation. In the next 6 months all companies will have to adapt. Worksphere makes it simple.
Learn more at worksphere.com