Program Manager at Zeal (formerly Puzzl)
About the role
ABOUT THE ROLE
As one of our founding Program Manager you will have an upfront seat to how our business works and it's a great way to help us lay down operational systems and workflows to optimize communication between teams.
The Product Specialist will work closely with our engineering team and our operations and partnerships teams to provide full service implementations and consultations to our growing client base.
This role is a great role for someone with a technical background who wants to gain product related experience!
SOME THINGS YOU MAY BE WORKING ON
- Be the main point of contact for our clients implementations post the contract being signed!
- Synthesize engineering requirements and chat about feature delivery and tradeoffs of our product
- Build integration plans with our clients and think about their why's and how we can outshine their asks
- Participate in product vision and strategy with engineering, operations, partnerships and stakeholders based on client feedback
- Create new documentation, workflows and best-practices for our growing program management team.
- Background in computer science, information sciences, or related technical field or related technical experience
- 3+ years of professional experience working on technical implementations, technical program management, technical project management or product related or a technical customer facing role (consulting, etc)
- Has a firm grasp of the software development lifecycle
- An understanding of what an API is and help a growing company implement a complex payroll system
- Communicating technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration, with teams such as: engineering, operations, sales, etc
- The ability to wear multiple hats and you get excited at the idea of being one of our first ever Technical Program Managers here at Puzzl!
- Understanding of our tech stack: React, Typescript, Redux, NodeJS, and AWS
- Interest in Fin-tech, HR or Payroll or a passion to learn more!
Puzzl is located in the SoMa district of San Francisco and we value in-person collaboration and communication as we grow and scale our business. We are a tight-knit, inclusive community that is into: music 🎵, cocktails 🍹, pets 🐈🐕, ping-pong 🏓 and above all else ~ high quality espresso ☕ but more importantly we value championing for our employees to bring their authentic true selves to work and aim to provide a fun and collaborative work environment for everyone!
- 100% coverage health, dental and vision
- Competitive salary and equity for all employees
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Free snacks and drinks and Friday happy hours
- Awesome Puzzl Swag
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS
This is our process for most of our roles, but sometimes stages are subject to change from time-to-time, but we will definitely notify you of the change ahead of time.
Step 1: Chat with our recruiter or hiring manager
Step 2: Chat with one of our founders
Step 3: Take-Home Assignment
Step 4: Presentation/Final Interview with the team
After a few days to 1 week we will get back to you with a decision
Why you should join Zeal (formerly Puzzl)
We are a modern, embedded payroll provider that helps empower companies to build their own unique payroll service. On top of our easy-to-use payroll API we are pioneering an all inclusive tax engine to democratize a broken and cumbersome process providing accessibility to small, medium and large businesses and helping Americans get paid.
Backed by over $14 million in funding by top investors such as Y Combinator, Spark Capital (Marqeta, Coinbase, Affirm) and Robinhood's Founder; Vlad Tenev, we are projected to be a forerunner in embedded payroll with an industry amassing billions of dollars in untapped revenue.
Our mission is to empower companies to become their own fin-tech company using our simple, seamless and forward thinking payroll technology and we'd love to learn more about you and how you could be a fit for our growing team here in San Francisco!