Payroll Support Specialist at Zeal (formerly Puzzl)
About the role
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the founding member of our Payroll Support Team, you will play the strategic manager role as well as helping to mentor and train a team of support members. The ideal candidate excels at both day-to-day payroll support and building scalable support frameworks, processes, tools, and partnerships. If you are customer-obsessed, love to build, and are looking for a growth opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
SOME THINGS YOU MAY BE WORKING ON
- Develop, implement and scale our Payroll Support framework and strategy
- Set goals and execute strategic initiatives to scale our support capabilitie
- Effectively represent the Payroll Support department on cross-organizational teams to deliver on organizational objectives
- Identify trends in customer requests and product performance and share those trends with internal Product, Engineering, Operations and Partnershipss to drive continuous improvement to our payroll offerings and customer experience
Subject matter expertise and training
- Become a subject matter expert on the Puzzl including all payroll aspects
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality technical and soft-skills training for direct reports
- Develop and maintain Payroll Support procedures and policies
- Work cross-functionally with our operations team to create and improve payroll support tools
- Serve as an escalation point for inbound payroll support tickets (via phone, email and chat)
- Coordinate escalations to our Engineering Teams and Customer Success when needed
- 5+ years experience providing Payroll Support
- Experience with support ticket management system, such as JIRA, Zendesk, Salesforce, etc and optimization of such systems
- You are a strong communicator and act as the voice of the customer for internal team members
- You love working on the more operational aspects of support and get excited at the prospect of laying down the foundation for our support department
- People management experience
- Interest in joining a fun fast-paced start-up in the payroll industry
Puzzl is located in the SoMa district of San Francisco and we value in-person collaboration and communication as we grow and scale our business. We are a tight-knit, inclusive community that is into: music 🎵, cocktails 🍹, pets 🐈🐕, ping-pong 🏓 and above all else ~ high quality espresso ☕ but more importantly we value championing for our employees to bring their authentic true selves to work and aim to provide a fun and collaborative work environment for everyone!
- 100% coverage health, dental and vision
- Competitive salary and equity for all employees
- Flexible time off
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Free snacks and drinks and Friday happy hours
- Awesome Puzzl Swag
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS
This is our process for most of our roles, but sometimes stages are subject to change from time-to-time, but we will definitely notify you of the change ahead of time.
Step 1: Chat with our recruiter or hiring manager
Step 2: Chat with one of our founders
Step 3: Take-Home Assignment
Step 4: Presentation/Final Interview with the team
After a few days to 1 week we will get back to you with a decision
Why you should join Zeal (formerly Puzzl)
We are a modern, embedded payroll provider that helps empower companies to build their own unique payroll service. On top of our easy-to-use payroll API we are pioneering an all inclusive tax engine to democratize a broken and cumbersome process providing accessibility to small, medium and large businesses and helping Americans get paid.
Backed by over $14 million in funding by top investors such as Y Combinator, Spark Capital (Marqeta, Coinbase, Affirm) and Robinhood's Founder; Vlad Tenev, we are projected to be a forerunner in embedded payroll with an industry amassing billions of dollars in untapped revenue.
Our mission is to empower companies to become their own fin-tech company using our simple, seamless and forward thinking payroll technology and we'd love to learn more about you and how you could be a fit for our growing team here in San Francisco!