Senior Partnerships at Zeal (formerly Puzzl)
About the role
The Senior Partnerships represents the core "go-to-market" function of our team. This person will drive a large portion of overall team strategy, prioritizing both general market verticals and specific partner opportunities to drive commercial value to and from our partners.
This person will lead cross-functional initiatives to drive new GTM motions for the Partnerships team and Puzzl overall. This person will also initially be responsible for driving growth in a key vertical. Channel Partnerships owns the full lifecycle of partner relationships, from opportunity qualification, deal structuring (which is generally consultative and can be complex), negotiating economics, and the legal contracting process. Once a partnership is “closed,” the team maintains a strong relationship with the partner and works closely with our partner enablement group to drive ongoing value from the relationship.
Successful candidates in this role have a blend of design skills, general business aptitude, and a track record driving complex cross-functional workstreams. Past experience in tech partnerships, business development, other strategic commercial roles, and/or top-tier consulting/finance roles make for a good team fit.
- You enjoy negotiating complex deals with diverse objectives that include, but extend beyond, headline revenue
- You get energy from working with external partners (including solving pain points!), and gravitate toward long-term rather than transactional business relationships
- You enjoy building and leading partnerships functions from an early stage of team growth
- You're excited to work with all kinds of partners
- You're results-driven and equally comfortable rolling up your sleeves as you are delegating to and inspiring the team
- You’re a high-energy individual with strong interpersonal skills. You enjoy wearing multiple hats
- Strategize Puzzl's positioning and value propositions to a specific vertical
- Work closely with our Product, Engineering, and Growth teams from partner introductions to marketing announcements and full integration
- Owning the full lifecycle of a partner relationship, from opportunity sourcing to post-integration
- Build & lead high-value partnerships, and deliver exceptional results
Why you should join Zeal (formerly Puzzl)
We are a modern, embedded payroll provider that helps empower companies to build their own unique payroll service. On top of our easy-to-use payroll API we are pioneering an all inclusive tax engine to democratize a broken and cumbersome process providing accessibility to small, medium and large businesses and helping Americans get paid.
Backed by over $14 million in funding by top investors such as Y Combinator, Spark Capital (Marqeta, Coinbase, Affirm) and Robinhood's Founder; Vlad Tenev, we are projected to be a forerunner in embedded payroll with an industry amassing billions of dollars in untapped revenue.
Our mission is to empower companies to become their own fin-tech company using our simple, seamless and forward thinking payroll technology and we'd love to learn more about you and how you could be a fit for our growing team here in San Francisco!