Shipping rates are rising at the fastest pace in nearly a decade, adding to pressure on retailers to pass costs to customers. Moving products is an absolute nightmare. There are multiple companies involved in a single product shipment. The freight brokerage fees are phenomenally high, and there is no transparency.
At Zerobroker, we enable businesses of all sizes to ship their freight as they buy products on Amazon today. With one click you ship it, finance it, and pay for it. And it is broker-free.
We strive to make our customers successful. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are combining customer obsession, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
As our first Key Account Manager, you will be a proactive partner and problem-solver for our clients. You should deeply understand our client’s supply chain flow and partner to find solutions for them by leveraging Zerobroker’s unique and adaptable platform. Our clients depend on us to manage their supply chain with high degrees of professionalism and attention to detail. If you believe this is about you, then we want to talk to you!
Some of the responsibilities for this role:
- You will be the main point of contact for our clients and deliver an exceptional customer experience. You succeed when our customers succeed.
- You will serve as a liaison between clients, carriers and internal stakeholders to leverage technology that creates automation and exceeds customers' service level expectations.
- You will understand and document the client’s success criteria and use it to build clear standard operating procedures (SOP). As the client’s needs evolve, you will refine the client’s success criteria and SOP.
- You will respond to client escalations, partnering with other team members to solve client issues quickly and ensure smooth operations at origin and destination. You will handle client issues that require advanced industry knowledge.
- You will keep a close pulse on clients' financial health, reporting on the client’s financials and ensuring the clients maintain consistent payment schedules.
- You will use your deep knowledge of the client to identify, quote, and close new incidental business opportunities with the client.
- You will ensure shipment metrics consistently meet client expectations.
- You will use your deep knowledge of the client’s business to develop materials for regular business reviews with minimal guidance and build relationships at all levels of the client’s organization.
- You will drive product adoption with client stakeholders to ensure that clients realize the full value with Zerobroker.
- You will collaborate with your squad (carrier sales, logistics coordinator, compliance, finance) team and external stakeholders to ensure the success of the clients’ shipments lifecycle.
- You will drive the launch of new markets to develop and refine standard operating procedures.
- You will step in to fill gaps in the process or implement improved processes as needed.
- You will identify and manage expansion opportunities to ensure Zerobroker adoption within the customer base.
- You will document and share key findings/learnings with the broader Zerobroker organization.
We expect you have:
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain operations, sales/account management or a client facing role
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain (preferred)
- Client-centric: obsessed with client outcomes, doing what it takes to deliver the client’s expectations, understanding your client’s current and future business goals and challenges and translating those into relevant solutions and strategic account planning
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Deeply curious: always working to understand the client’s needs and learn how Zerobroker can best meet them
- Next-level attention to detail: enjoy combing through the metrics and details to identify opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship
- Strong business acumen
- Proven track record of (cross)selling a product
- Strong focus on growing your customers through a consultative approach
As a startup company, we don’t limit our team members. Instead, we set out to discover their strongest sides. We understand that your skillset may be stronger in some areas than others, but we expect you to contribute in every step of building an outstanding customer experience. You should also ask for help from any team member whenever you need it. We don’t look for people who can do one particular job. We look for people with whom we want to share our vision and lives. Join our team early and see how high and far you can go!
Let’s make the impossible possible together. Come join us!