Every single thing that you buy was shipped. How things are shipped affects how we live and how we behave. And the trucking industry is the very lifeblood of the global economy.
At Zerobroker, we are transforming the $800 billion trucking industry and making freight shipping broker-free. And we’d like your help.
As our first head of operations, you’ll focus on building the world’s most exceptional operations.
What you will do:
- Recruit, lead, motivate, and develop all-star teams in all operating functions, including logistics and fleet management, dispatching, safety and compliance, customer support, etc.
- Analyze the performance of your teams and provide constructive feedback to them on a consistent basis
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, policies, processes, and staff
- Directly oversee operations, HR, Finance, and Marketing, and partner with the CEO on sales management to budget for sufficient investment capital to achieve growth targets over the near term
- Roll up your sleeves and do everything that helps our partners, company, and teams to succeed
- Prioritize tasks based on business impact and available resources
- Contribute to technical conversations around deadlines and engineering solutions
- Make magic out of the complicated and antiquated freight industry through intense focus on simplification and delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Focus on results unflinchingly. Consider how short-term activities are in concert with long-term objectives
- Champion continuous improvement in everything, but don’t allow perfect to get in the way of progress
- Provide solutions to all operational issues and focus on removing barriers to success
- Enjoy problem-solving—this is a large portion of your role.
We are looking someone with:
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a high-volume and fast-paced operational, B2B or customer support environment, including minimum 1 year of leading teams
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Always willing to roll up your sleeves and take on tasks hands-on
- Ability to recognize and cultivate rising talent
- Self-motivated, with a deep affinity for problem-solving, always challenging the status quo, and never settling for the way something “has always been done”
- Ability to question, understand, and challenge implementation decisions and priorities
- Ability to collaborate successfully across multiple domains
- A bold and optimistic personality: We challenge the status quo every day, and we’re looking for people who are comfortable asking bold, quirky questions and have the mental resilience that comes from knowing we’re at the start of a long journey.
As a startup company, we don’t limit our team members. Instead, we set out to discover their strongest sides. We understand that your skillset may be stronger in some areas than others, but we expect you to contribute in every step of building an outstanding customer experience. You should also ask for help from any team member whenever you need it. We don’t look for people who can do one particular job. We look for people with whom we want to share our vision and lives. Join our team early and see how high and far you can go!
Let’s make the impossible, possible together. Come join us!