We are looking for a field applications engineer who will ensure successful integration of Zitara’s battery design and management software in customer applications.
This person will act as a bridge between customers and internal teams: they will manage and nurture the customer relationship, develop technical solutions for customers, and aid in product design and development as a customer advocate within Zitara. The field applications engineer must combine robust technical skills with strong emotional intelligence to help customers achieve their goals while strengthening their relationship with Zitara.
The ideal candidate will have technical experience with battery systems, though candidates without battery experience who have strong backgrounds in field applications engineering or in energy-related disciplines may also be considered for the role. Programming experience is helpful but not required for the role.
- Manage customer relationships with Zitara, serving as a primary point of contact from the end of the sales phase and into active technical engagements.
- Develop a thorough technical understanding of specific customer applications.
- Coordinate internal teams to ensure products and services are delivered to customers in tune and on time.
- Create technical solutions for customers, such as evaluation kits, reference designs, sample code, or technical documentation.
- Guide and mentor customers as they adopt Zitara products, helping them maximize the value of Zitara software when integrated in their applications.
- Provide direct technical support to customers when they encounter difficulty.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer needs across the industry, and drive Zitara product development by identifying product gaps and advocating on behalf of our customers internally.
- Directly participate in Zitara’s product planning and development process.
- Bachelors' in technical subject or equivalent proficiency.
- Three years of technical experience with energy systems, such as:
- Power electronics.
- Renewable energy.
- Mobility / automotive / aerospace.
- Industrial equipment / robotics.
- Clear and effective communication abilities.
- High attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel to meet customers in-person.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role.
- Technical experience with lithium ion battery systems, such as:
- Battery-related applications engineering.
- Battery hardware or software engineering.
- Battery management systems.
- Battery fuel gauge or algorithms design.
- Battery cell research and development.
- Comfortable programming in Python and C.
What We Offer
- A full-time position, working from our office in San Francisco, CA or remotely.
- Competitive pay.
- Health, Dental, and Vision care for you and your family.
- A 401k savings plan.
- “Unlimited PTO” vacation policy.
- Excellent colleagues that are interested in your happiness and growth.