Sr Software Engineer (Backend)
About the role
Bot MD is a Y Combinator funded startup with the mission of Empowering Doctors around the world. We believe that providing doctors with quick and reliable access to clinical information and helping to simplify clinical workflow are essential to improving the quality of patient care. This is a significant need especially in large and underserved emerging markets.
At Bot MD, we build products that delight clinical users. We are looking for a rockstar Backend Engineer to join our growing team and help build out our backend tech stack. We love engineers who are scrappy and have a rebellious streak and who are hungry to create impact by scaling product platforms to reach millions of users globally.
In this role, you will partner alongside our CTO and Backend Engineering team to design and build our product platforms for scale across the region and the world. You will tackle issues of scale, reliability and security to deliver a delightful and simple user experience to doctors around the world. If you are a code ninja who wants to help us change the world, please come talk to us at email@example.com
- Design and implement high performant backend services for our chat and proprietary A.I. Chat engine
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Write clean, awesome, and efficient code
- Work closely with the founders to incorporate user feedback and delight our users
- 8+ years of experience in backend development and software engineering
- Strong Python ability, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (e.g., Django, Flask, Bottle, etc)
- Experience with a concurrent language such as Go, Erlang, Python AsyncIO is preferred
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Experience with Web sockets based backend architectures
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind building a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience with database systems we use such as PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch
- Strong unit test and debugging skills & great understanding of code versioning tools (i.e., Git)
- Great communication skills and a good team player
- Never-ending desire to self-educate on the latest list of relevant technologies
- BS in Computer Science; MS preferred not required
Why you should join Bot MD
Bot MD is an A.I assistant for doctors. Our company's mission is to Empower Doctors around the world. Bot MD can be trained on any type of hospital content to provide instant answers to clinical questions.