Tech has been a gamechanger for society over the past few decades but the profits have largely gone to a handful of people clustered around a few major cities in the US. This has left people with historically disadvantaged & non-traditional backgrounds at a massive loss as they continue to fall behind despite working 2x hard because the tech/software has ‘eaten their worlds’. What's more - there are tens of thousands of unfilled jobs that fast-growing tech companies are unable to fill because there is a serious lack of skill needed to perform those highly technical jobs.
At Career Karma, we aim to solve this problem by being the marketplace & the community for rapid reskilling needed to raise living standards in the US (short term) and the world (long term).
Career Karma is on a mission to get 1 billion people tech jobs they love! We recently raised $40M in Series B funding & are backed by industry leaders like YCombinator, Softbank, Initialized Capital, Reforge, among others. Today, we’ve already helped over 350k+ workers navigate their careers. We’re looking for a Senior product designer to work on deeply understanding our users and crafting our growing line of products.
Why Join Career Karma
- Work from anywhere. We are a fully remote company that values asynchronous work—you can work anywhere, any time. You’ll have the space you need to promote balance in your life
- Grow with a balanced team. We value diversity and inclusion, and we believe representation matters. Join us in promoting voices of all backgrounds as we promote yours.
- Enjoy the ride. We are a hyper-growth company with the mission of empowering a billion people in a decade. Be part of our growth as we continue to scale our impact.
- Innovate for tomorrow. We are engaged leaders who are ready to experiment, iterate, and be resilient as we help workers navigate the ever-changing employment landscape.
- Funded for the future. We are backed by world-class investors with proven records of identifying and funding some of the most innovative companies. With their support, we are able to pursue rapid growth while maintaining a bias toward frugality in achieving our mission.
- Startup, but don’t stop your life. Though we are just getting started, we offer the competitive benefits you would expect from any investor-backed Silicon Valley company.
Design at Career Karma
- We are working on creating an opportunity pathway for everyday people to get into tech! Design has a key seat at the CK table.
- We are ambitious, collaborative, and like to get things done! We love data, research, and obsess about our users’ needs. We use best-in-class analytics tools like Amplitude, Mode, Hotjar, and others to understand our users.
- At this very early stage, you will get an opportunity to be a formative part of Career Karma’s design journey. You can help with creating processes, hiring new talent, and creating the culture from the ground up at a fast-growing startup!
Learn more about Design at Career Karma
- You will own: Partner with product and engineering to drive the design of new products and features for one of our Marketplace squads.
- You will own: End-to-end design initiative across all phases of the product development process from discovery to implementation.
- You will own: User research working alongside our data, marketing, community, and product teams.
- In addition: Contribute and develop strategies, roadmaps, and execution plans that accomplish the team’s goals while balancing short and long-term goals.
- Champion design craft, continually evolving processes to be more thoughtful and effective.
- You are passionate about Career Karma’s mission
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Design role shipping large scale consumer app product
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for designing
- Proven track record executing through ambiguity and collaborating with product management and engineering to ship high-quality products
- Scrappy can-do attitude with a bias for action and a focus on the impact
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
- You worked on consumer products building online communities and marketplaces
- Founded a startup or were an early employee
- You have experience partnering with product leaders and teams around the world
- You have experience working with highly distributed remote teams (pre-covid)
Benefits Offered (For US based candidates)
- Work from anywhere
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- 401k w/ company match
- Equity Stock in a fast-growing company
- Company provided hardware & software
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, subsidized rates for family coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability, AD&D, and Life insurance
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Fully paid trips, such as an annual work retreat in a relaxing location
- Regular (virtual) team events
- $5,000 referral bonuses for growing our CK Team
- $1200 annual professional development budget
- Working with an amazing empathic and diverse team that is ambitious!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
_ © Career Karma Inc. All rights reserved, Career Karma is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. _
_ San Francisco Applicants: Career Karma will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance._