Engineering Manager, Product
About the role
What You’ll Achieve
- Lead the team that builds and scales our products
- Craft the product roadmap and drive business impact alongside our Product Managers
- Scale the team by partnering closely with our fantastic recruiters
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers
- Handle incident response and communication; jump in to write code and extinguish fires if needed
- Act as an architect and work across teams to evolve the overall architecture in order to sustain the challenges presented by hyper-growth of our products
- You have an affinity for building spectacular consumer products
- You believe in DoorDash. You understand that on-demand logistics is the differentiator for a local commerce marketplace
- You’re passionate about both product development and people development
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skillset and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - be ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience developing software as an engineer
- 2+ years of experience managing an engineering team of at least 10 people
- Significant experience building scalable, fault-tolerant, and robust products and platforms
- Prior hiring and management experience
Why you should join DoorDash
DoorDash is a technology company that is building the next generation of local delivery. We operate a full stack delivery service: by partnering with merchants, hiring our own drivers, and building our own logistics software, we are able to control the entire delivery experience to make it more efficient for everyone.
Our team is looking to grow with talented people who want to build much more than just a food delivery company. We help small businesses grow, give underemployed people meaningful work, and offer affordable convenience to consumers.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, Charles River Ventures, Andreesen Horowitz, SV Angel, Y Combinator and many others.
We're looking to expand the founding team with talented people who are excited about our mission to empower local economies and build out the world's first real-time logistics company.
DoorDash is based in San Francisco, CA.