Generalist Engineer at Dots
About the role
Dots is building a multichannel payouts API for marketplaces. Marketplace payouts are needlessly complex, especially when dealing with multiple payment providers. Many marketplaces still manually process payouts on a regular basis and Dots aims to fix that.
Our API lets a marketplace pay their sellers in the ways they want to be paid, including Venmo, Paypal, ACH and Zelle. As more Americans earn a living by picking up side hustles and becoming 1099 workers, marketplaces need to provide flexible payout options.
Dots enables multiple forms of payouts through a single easy to use API. Today, multiple YCombinator and international companies use Dots, and we're always growing. Over time, Dots will be the one stop fintech for marketplaces — expanding into payment processing, banking, and lending. If you want to be a part of the next generation of fintech startups, we are your people. We like to think big and achieve bigger.
What you'll do
As a generalist engineer, you're willing to take risks, iterate and make your own path. You will have a say in every decision made at Dots and drive the change you want to see. You're excited by our vision to revolutionize money movement , eager to contribute to it, and energized by our ambiguity. You're ready to write a lot of code, and comfortable throwing a lot of that out as we test and iterate, especially since you'll be an integral part of driving that iteration. You're happy working in an fluid environment, and eager to create the structure it lacks.
What you'll bring
- You have a strong technical background (No minimum work experience required but a history of excellent projects is recommended)
- You enjoy delivering beautiful and polished front-end experiences in React, but you also know how to write an API (Python)
- You are willing to design scrappy systems. We'll have to refactor code as we scale, but we still want to build on good fundamentals
- You have a willingness to learn and have fun!
Bonus points if you have
- worked in FinTech or Finance
- infrastructure experience with AWS, K8s
- Frontend in React
- Backend in Python
- AWS, ECS
- GitHub, Linear, Slack, Notion
What we provide
- Private medical insurance, including dental and vision
- WeWork or similar co-working stipend
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year
- Regular team off-sites
- Home office - Apple equipment and anything else you need to be productive
Why you should join Dots