We're looking for great junior teammates that are willing to dive in, work hard, and learn. We are based in Redwood City, CA and planning for the internship to be in person. This is a 6+ month program.
You will be:
- Assisting in the creation of innovative game mechanics and features to improve player engagement and social interaction.
- Collaborating with the team to develop and balance in-game economies and progressions.
- Participating in the design, testing, and iteration of game mechanics, characters, and levels.
- Contributing to the creation of design documentation, including game concepts and systems, gameplay mechanics, and interface designs.
- Providing constructive feedback during gameplay tests and suggesting improvements or solutions.
You should take this job if you are:
- Passionate about playing games.
- Want to have visible, critical impact on a weekly basis.
- Enjoy minimal process, and being responsible for deciding what you create every week.
- Enjoy collaborating with other hard-working teammates.
- Portfolio demonstrates game design skills.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Game Design, Computer Science, or a related field.
- A strong passion for and understanding of MMOs, building games, and social games.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and creativity.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Basic programming skills (C++, Python, etc.) are a plus.
- Familiarity with game design software (Unity, Unreal Engine, etc.) is a plus.
DreamWorld is the massive digital world where everyone creates together. Think Minecraft or Roblox, except one immersive social world.
Here's a video of our current gameplay:
Look at the software that has fundamentally changed how people live: Search (Google), Social Networks (Facebook), Ecommerce (Amazon). Now think of what will come in the next 25. One of these monumental shifts will be the pervasiveness of the Digital World, and it is our goal to create it.
We believe this Digital World will rise out of the medium that's had the seeds of it for a while, Gaming. So, we are building a massive Sandbox MMO, with the game focused on User Creation and Socializing. You can think of our initial goal as creating a successor to Minecraft and World of Warcraft.