Therapeutic Research Associate at Epinoma
About the role
- Work in a biosafety cabinet to maintain and engineer cell cultures in a BSL1 and BSL2 environment
- Engineer cell lines with transient and stable transfections using lipid nanoparticles and other methods
- Use microplate readers to analyze cell viability and fluorescence reporters
- Prepare buffers or reagents and clean glassware to research team
- Maintain timely and detailed entries into an electronic notebook and database
- Assist in refinement and development of company SOPs
- Literature review & presentation
- [Senior RA Only] Independently design experimental plans with some supervision of research scientists
- [Senior RA Only] Coordinate and delegate tasks for Research Associate I
- Bachelors or Masters of Science [Senior RA Only] in Molecular Biology or related field. New graduates with at least 6 months of relevant lab experience are welcome to apply.
- Experience with cell culture techniques
- Proficiency in Western Blotting, ELISA, ChIP, immunostaining, and multiplexed protein assays
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Collaborative attitude with strong communication skills
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as pipetting and standing for long periods (2-4 hours)
- Ability to read small text and labels
- Maintain a flexible schedule with the ability to work weekends
- Familiarity with working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with immunoprecipitation such as ChIP or ELISA
- Experience with flow cytometry analysis and fluorescence activated cell sorting
- Experience with light and confocal microscopy is highly desirable.
- [Senior RA Only] At least 6 months of industry experience or 1 year of experience designing research projects
- Familiarity with handling hazardous substances including liquid nitrogen and biohazards such as bodily fluids. Lab safety training will be provided and will be completed within 1 month of hiring
- Boldness - We take courageous stances to explore new scientific and clinical challenges.
- Excellence - We constantly push ourselves to deliver more value and impact..
- Integrity - We hold ourselves and our partners to the highest ethical and operational standards to ensure safety of patients.
- Collaboration - We leverage diversity of thought and multi-disciplinary mindsets.
Epinoma is an equal opportunity employer and we highly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you should join Epinoma
Epinoma is pushing the boundaries of scientific excellence and protein engineering to make the world a healthier place to live. Our first customer will be the 50B market of blood test developers as our technology can improve their product performance. Longer term, we will build a second generation of epigenetic medicines that are safer and more effective for patients.