Opportunity: Epinoma is hiring a scientist to contribute to R&D projects. Our team designs and develops next-generation DNA binding proteins able to recognize distinct epigenetic signatures. The successful candidate will work on protein engineering to identify and characterize top performing variants for diagnostic and therapeutic applications.
- Plan, design, and synthesize protein libraries
- Work with the team to develop biochemical assays characterizing protein libraries for diagnostic and therapeutic applications
- Lead and execute process development to optimize protein expression in different scales
- Author technical reports, SOPs, batch records and technology transfer documents; contribute to scientific documentation of patent applications and subsequent internal and external presentation and/or publication of new technologies
- Support lab operations through management of lab equipment; support development of lab capabilities through analysis of lab operations and capital management. Lead acquisition of new lab equipment as needed including assessing requirements and developing proposals.
- Train and oversee junior colleagues with respect to lab activities
- Ph.D in protein engineering, molecular biology, bioengineering, biochemistry, biotechnology, or related fields
- Previous experience to design and execute protein engineering methods such as rational design and directed evolution
- Previous experience with recombinant protein expression and purification
- Strong desire to learn new techniques, willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team, and be productive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Prior experience characterizing protein-DNA interactions (EMSA, Fluorescent polarization, SPR, etc)
- Prior experience working with epigenetics
- Prior experience working with mammalian cell protein expression and purification
- Knowledge of statistical design of experiments, as well as data analysis using JMP or other statistical package is desired
- Boldness - We take courageous stances to explore new scientific and clinical challenges.
- Excellence - We constantly push ourselves to deliver more value and impact..
- Integrity - We hold ourselves and our partners to the highest ethical and operational standards to ensure safety of patients.
- Collaboration - We leverage diversity of thought and multi-disciplinary mindsets.
Epinoma is an equal opportunity employer and we highly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.