Product Designer at EquipmentShare
About the role
Design products that power the construction industry
The EquipmentShare Design team creates end-to-end user experiences for our customers and service partners. Product Designers are key stakeholders in the full product development lifecycle, from working with their cross-functional partners to create the product vision to ensuring pixel-perfect implementation. The challenges Product Designers tackle at EquipmentShare are complex. To be successful, Product Designers must be able to work cross-functionally across teams, think deeply, and communicate clearly. Now is an exciting time to join our design team as we lay the foundation for our vision of the future of construction.
EquipmentShare delivers user-friendly cloud solutions for the construction industry. Our suite of products which help contractors maximize their equipment uptime, reduce risk exposure and increase productivity and include an improved equipment rental experience, fleet tracking and asset management software, hardware security solutions and predictive service and maintenance applications.
EquipmentShare is the fastest-growing, independently owned construction equipment rental company in the country. We serve dozens of markets across the U.S. and are on track to create a national footprint in every major market in the country by the end of 2023. Our branch locations are equipped with a broad range of construction equipment, ranging from 150-foot telescopic booms to 120,000-lb. track excavators.
EquipmentShare’s rapid growth goes beyond meeting a demand for equipment rentals in booming new markets. Instead, our mission begins with our rental product, and it’s a testimony to our ability to improve industry standards and better serve the customer. Our expansion and customer retention is a validation of strong contractor demand for the smart jobsite technology we’ve built into our rental fleet. And it’s just the beginning of our journey to establishing a global presence.
Your Opportunity to Grow With Us
The EquipmentShare team is a close-knit group of professionals who all share an interest in providing a service and product that improve our customer’s experience. Above all, we care about building something people want, and the only way to do that is by assembling a skilled, passionate and talented team.
The engineering teams that our Product Designer will work with are fully remote and highly autonomous.
Our Product Designer should love a challenge and want the opportunity to grow with a fast-paced company. Industry competitors often have layers of tenured management that create barriers to career advancement. The opportunity for career growth is unparalleled at EquipmentShare, where you’ll find no shortage of challenging yet fulfilling work, chances to build new skills and supportive teammates who will push you to achieve your best.
- Serve as Product Designer for our Work Orders and Inventory teams
- Work directly with clients and product owners to solve customers’ problems through design
- Lay out designs in a variety of programs and tools. Our teams primarily use Figma, but other tools are acceptable for drafting and consideration.
- Plan, strategize and ultimately build a positive interaction between the user and our apps through great design decisions
- Ensure the overall software experience is painless, seamless and easy-to-navigate for customers who use our product all day to do their job
- Quality check design implementations before they ship
- Discuss new features with teams and actively participate in discussions to find solutions to user problems
- Champion design projects through various product launches, and be able to take a simple sketch to a full fledged, pixel-perfect mockup
- Embed yourself in product teams and gather feedback to improve product design and function
- Make sure all new features in subsystems are visually consistent with the rest of the app, and eventually contribute to the design system for Track and Link and Admin apps
- Advocate for consistent brand design and an overall outstanding and pleasant user experience
Our mission to change an entire industry is not easily achieved, so we only hire people who are inspired by the goal and up for the challenge. In turn, our employees have every opportunity to grow with us, achieve personal and professional success and enjoy making a tangible difference in an industry that’s long been resistant to change.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating many successfully launched products.
- Proven ability to bring projects from concept to completion.
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to strongly articulate your design work and rationale to your peers and cross-functional team.
- A PDF or link to your portfolio of work (please include password). Applicants who do not present a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
Why We’re a Better Place to Work
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance and medical coverage benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Stocked breakroom and full kitchen
- Volunteering and local charity initiatives that help you nurture and grow the communities you call home through EquipmentCare
- Opportunities for career and professional development with conferences, events, seminars, continued education
Since our founding in 2015, we’ve had explosive growth—and we’re not stopping anytime soon. Ready to invest in our mission, invest in yourself and discover a better place to work? Then we’d love to meet you. Apply today.
EquipmentShare is an EOE M/F/D/V
Why you should join EquipmentShare
EquipmentShare delivers cloud solutions for the construction industry