Search is our interface to information. A search engine with new capabilities -- creativity, memory, analogy -- will change what we know and how we think.
We're looking for a generalist engineer to join our team. Here's what we're looking for:
- You're comfortable thinking up your own creative solutions and evaluating the speed/compute tradeoffs from the user's perspective
- You're comfortable wearing many hats (sales, marketing, backend, frontend, etc)
- You have a good understanding of software fundamentals like data structures, performance optimization, etc.
- You care about improving the way people find information
- You'd be excited if you were given a project like "recreate google-level search over a billion pages in 1 month"
- Recreate google-level search over a billion pages in 1 month
- Revamp our document parser to work well with any website
- Make our web crawler 3x faster
- Come up with clever ways to combine ChatGPT with Metaphor search