About the role
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S., Canada, and Europe doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 150,000 brands and local retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and ecommerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
About the Role
As an early member of the Finance Team, you will play an integral role in laying the accounting foundation for a multi-billion dollar company. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and data-driven environment. We’re looking for an Accounting Manager to strengthen our general ledger and accounting operations functions.
What you'll do
- Manage and oversee day-to-day GL accounting functions and perform reviews to ensure compliance with US GAAP, external audits, and internal controls
- Ownership of full cycle general ledger financial close process and related activities related to our Cost of Sales function, to ensure complete and accurate financial in accordance with US GAAP, including managing/reviewing close activities such as journal entries and account reconciliations within the established close timeline
- Partner closely with FP&A and Financial Reporting teams around monthly variance analysis, management reporting, and GAAP reporting
- Execution of non-routine transactions relevant to general ledger, including but not limited to: application of accounting guidance, preparation of workpaper and journal entries, and walkthrough with relevant stakeholders
- Key decision maker on continuous development of accounting policies and standard operating procedures
- Motivate, mentor, and develop staff to help achieve their career goals
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of accounting experience, with required relevant experience at pre-IPO or public companies; CPA required
- 4+ years experience in managing and developing staff
- Experience with SEC Reporting a plus
- Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Familiar with ERP systems such as Netsuite; data-obsessed and unafraid to go down to the lowest level of detail for truth. SQL knowledge a plus
- Ability to think across multiple dimensions of a business and work cross-functionally to deliver results.
- A team player and commitment to deliver outstanding results while having a fun time with your teammates doing it!
- You are resourceful and not afraid to roll up your sleeves.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Salt Lake City. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.
Why you should join Faire
Who is Faire? Faire is an innovative online marketplace that uses machine learning to match local retailers with the brands of products that uniquely fit their stores. We are using the power of technology to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 75,000 small business owners.
Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling. It’s a way of life that offers people a level of autonomy and fulfilment that’s become difficult to find elsewhere in our economy. Most of our customers have left behind jobs they hated to take a chance on themselves. We want to make sure their boldness and self-belief gets rewarded.