Account Executive at Giveffect
About the role
Position Summary: The Account Executive is responsible for managing the full sales cycle of new customers, from prospecting to close. You will be utilizing outbound techniques (emails, cold calls, social media outreach) to build and grow your pipeline, performing qualification of leads, conducting demos, and closing deals. In this role, you will need to understand the nonprofit space, potential clients, their pain-points, our software, and how it can help nonprofits raise more funds, save costs and improve productivity. This position lays the foundation for a successful high tech sales career and perfect for someone who wants to lead a sales team in the near future!
Ideal Candidate: We’re looking for bright, ambitious, go-getters with a strong work ethic and a chip on their shoulder. We’re looking for people who find fulfillment in a role that’s empowering nonprofits to be more effective and accomplish more. You love nonprofits and get excited to show them kickass software, to help them to raise more funds, save costs and improve productivity.
- You are an ambitious, energetic person who is tired of office politics and wants to advance your career quickly.
- You are a proven hunter and sales closer.
- You don’t have a fear of cold calling and enjoy talking on the phone.
- You thrive in small teams.
- You are not afraid of wearing many hats and are willing to experiment.
- You always talk with a smile and genuinely enjoy conversing, presenting, and collaborating with others.
- You are motivated by large commission checks and bonuses when exceeding your quota.
- You are very organized.
- Develop a solid understanding of the nonprofit space, potential clients, their pain points, as well as the Giveffect software and its value proposition
- Utilize a wide range of outbound tactics to connect with leads including cold calling, emailing, and social media outreach
- Qualify opportunities and schedule demonstrations
- Schedule and conduct all demonstrations, check-ins, follow ups, and other deliverables for closing
- Experiment with sales tactics and help your team improve
- Collaborate with marketing, client support team and contribute to strategy development
- Meet & exceed your sales quota
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience: or “What We’ll Want You To Have”
- Minimum 3+ years of sales experience in a quota-driven, high-demand environment, with 2 year as AE
- Sales experience in technology SaaS
- You can deliver compelling demos and POC engagement
- Self-starter, cooperative attitude; team player, entrepreneurial mindset
- Possess 'think on your feet' capability
- Communication: Excellent written, verbal, and storytelling skills
- Four-year degree preferred
- English fluency is required
Additional desirable skills:
- Experience working for/with nonprofits.
- Experience using typical competitor’s software like Blackbaud (Raiser's Edge, eTapestry, Luminate, Convio, OneCause), Salesforce, Neon, Virtuous, Greater Giving, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Volgistics, Volunteer Hub, Cervis, CiviCore, Classy, Network for Good, etc.
- We are looking for a good cultural fit. We work hard and expect very professional results, however, we have an informal tech startup culture. We communicate with each other most often via Slack, and blue jeans/comfortable attire is the day-to-day dress code. Of course, business casual when appropriate (like virtual meetings with clients or when attending, sponsoring, and exhibiting at conferences which we do annually aside from 2020 and 2021 due to COVID-19). We take our work very seriously, but with each other, we have an environment of casual conversation and humor when it is not about the work at hand.
Why you should join Giveffect
Giveffect provides a powerful all-in-one software platform exclusively for nonprofits. We offer fundraising, events, online donations, volunteer management, donor management, marketing, constituent relationship management software, and more. We are well positioned for rapid expansion in the coming years and have garnered top industry recognition for our platform.