Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure at Instacart
About the role
We're looking for an experienced Software Developer to join our infrastructure team. We're a small team that moves fast. We code mostly in Python and our infrastructure runs on Amazon Web Services. Come join us!
- You will create tools for software engineers, data scientists, and data analysts to easily run their production (and staging) services.
- You will be part of a team of 7 with a large amount of ownership and responsibility across our development org.
- You will own the security and availability of critical infrastructure components.
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent work experience
- Strong coding ability
- Strong understanding of Linux and how to manage servers
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), including EC2
- Experience with configuration management, such as SaltStack or Ansible
- Experience with micro-services (Docker)
- The ability to ship pragmatic solutions with a high sense of urgency
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership
- The ability to analyze data with SQL
- Experience with web frameworks, like Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Postgres, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Open-source projects or contributions
Why you should join Instacart
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.