Market Growth Associate
About the role
Are you passionate about defining high-impact strategies, building relationships, driving KPIs and inspiring the next generation to love learning? Juni Learning is a massively distributed university for kids. We bring the best instructors, curriculum and platform to students around the world who want to prepare for the future. Juni is backed by Y Combinator and angel investors including Arielle Zuckerberg, and the company was recently featured in Forbes, Fortune, and TechCrunch. Our team was founded by two Stanford alumni and ex-Googlers, and is headquartered in San Francisco.
The Juni Markets Team is focused on developing and executing an enterprise-wide strategy that proactively positions the company for growth. Juni works with hundreds of amazing families from across the nation, and this team works with the executive leadership team to deeply understand the needs of different families and geographies to identify short & long-term growth opportunities, execute on consumer-facing campaigns, and drive growth.
The team is hiring Business Development Associates to own growth in various geographies. We’re looking for driven people who are excited about empowering students, thinking on their feet and rolling up their sleeves on creative campaigns to build new revenue and develop ongoing relationships with Juni parents. You will report directly to the leads of the Markets Team and collaborate on company-wide targets with the rest of the team.
This is a unique opportunity for top performers seeking a high-impact, high-visibility role with the opportunity to influence the future course of Juni, the thousands of students who love our courses, and their families who want to see them succeed.
- Develop new ideas and opportunities to increase revenue by continuously offering added benefits for customers that can increase the value of Juni Learning
- Develop and manage parent relationships to find opportunities to increase engagement and empower parents to become ambassadors
- Keep a pulse on customer feedback and sentiment to continuously improve our parent/student experiences
- Drive aggressively towards ambitious growth targets within your district
- Develop, manage, and execute district campaigns to drive new enrollments from existing and new families
- Use creativity to drive new approaches while building out and refining playbooks to be implemented across districts
- Able to prioritize and juggle many different campaigns and projects at the same time
- Working closely with other members of the team internally and cross-functionally to solve problems
- Be a hard-working multi-tasker, supporting teams across the region. You’ll be one of the go-to people when the business requires solutions to fire drills.
- Leverage customer insights, competitive understanding, and analytics data to unlock growth opportunities and influence product and messaging roadmaps; ensure we’re applying the right level of strategic rigor in decision making
- Maintain knowledge of key events in assigned markets and their impact on students’ enrollment
- 3-4 years of professional experience, preferably in business development, consulting, strategy, partnerships, or account management/sales
- Fluent in all forms of data: you understand how different KPIs interact with each other and can predict the cascading effect one process change may have on a set of metrics.
- Exceptional external communication, relationship-building skills, and hustle
Ability to think strategically & analytically and to manage multiple projects at once
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution –
we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Analytical chops and mindset: you are strong in Excel or an alternative data
manipulation and visualization tool, and can quickly prioritize
important metrics and run analyses independently.
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- A “get it done” attitude – bias toward action, great collaboration and master disambiguation – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- B.A. or B.S. ideally in Business/Economics or a related field
- Based in San Francisco or open to relocation, work authorization in the US
- Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance
Why you should join Juni
Are you passionate about inspiring the next generation of engineers, designers, and builders? Juni is a membership-driven learning platform designed to help each student discover and pursue their passions with joy. The company offers award-winning curriculums in Computer Science, Math, and English for students 7-18 taught by near-peer instructors from top universities and access to a global community. Through project-centered courses, best-in-class technology, and the power of community, Juni’s varied learning experiences prepare students for their best future.
Juni is backed by Forerunner Ventures, Index Ventures, Y Combinator Co-founder Jessica Livingston, Arielle Zuckerberg, and more. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and was recently featured in Forbes, Fortune, WSJ, Fast Company and TechCrunch.