Head of Marketing
About the role
Are you passionate about creating a category-defining brand in consumer education? Juni Learning is a massively distributed university for kids. We bring the best instructors, curriculum and platform to students around the world who want to prepare for the future. Juni is backed by Forerunner, Index Y Combinator and angel investors including Arielle Zuckerberg, and the company was recently featured in Forbes, Fortune, and TechCrunch. Our team was founded by two Stanford alumni and ex-Googlers, and is headquartered in San Francisco.
Juni is hiring an experienced Head of Marketing to lead and execute amazing consumer-facing marketing experiences and drive user growth. This includes owning the brand and performance strategy for Juni and executing it across channels and surfaces with a focus on digital. This role balances having a strong north star for positioning Juni in the market, while also focused on driving KPIs like acquisition. You will report directly to the CEO to start and build a team as we identify additional growth areas for the Juni marketing function.
This is a unique opportunity for a top performer seeking a high-impact, high-visibility role with the opportunity to influence the voice of Juni, the thousands of students who love our courses, and the passionate instructors who enjoy inspiring others to learn.
- Own a high-performance team that is laser-focused on evangelizing Juni with a clear voice and identity in the market as well as user growth
- Lead the Juni brand and messaging, with an emphasis on applying this thoughtfully through all external communications including PR strategy and customer comms
- Own the marketing calendar strategy, aligning all channels (owned, earned, paid, offline, online) to clear KPIs to drive growth for the company
- Hold the team accountable for aligning with the Juni brand and visual identity across all touchpoints
- Develop and execute on a clear content strategy that drives key acquisition and engagement goals (calendar, growth, visuals, budget etc.), across organic owned channels (website, Instagram, etc) and paid
- Oversee acquisition budget, CAC and LTV performance both on a daily basis to annual strategy, and directly responsible for paid performance across channels (including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Adwords, offline etc.)
- Lead development of performant creative that aligns with brand and partner with Growth team to test full-funnel performance including landing pages and forms
- Manage and coach individual team members into a high-performing team
- 6+ years experience in creative or brand marketing; experience in a high-growth, consumer company a plus
- Expertise in developing brand strategy and messaging, creative direction, and ideally owning the story of a new product
- Ability to balance leading data-driven acquisition for the company while also owning the core values of the brand
- Deep expertise in analytics and measurement, with an emphasis on executing towards revenue and user growth
- Strong experience in setting budgets focused on ROI and owning measurement of key financial performance metrics (CAC, LTV, ROAS)
- Ability to balance leading data-driven acquisition for the company while also building on the core values of the brand
- Experience in leading high-performance teams and large cross functional projects from start to finish
- Deep understanding of multiple Juni stakeholders (student, parent, instructor), the market and the Juni brand to develop creative yet KPI-centered campaigns and initiatives
- Strong ethical and honest approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to effectively convey critical information and influence decision making processes at all levels of the organization – from senior executives to front-line employees
- Openness to change, ability to swiftly adapt to changes and shift priorities while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
- Team player and collaborates with others constructively and positively
- Based in San Francisco or open to relocation, work authorization in the US
- Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance
Why you should join Juni
Are you passionate about inspiring the next generation of engineers, designers, and builders? Juni is a membership-driven learning platform designed to help each student discover and pursue their passions with joy. The company offers award-winning curriculums in Computer Science, Math, and English for students 7-18 taught by near-peer instructors from top universities and access to a global community. Through project-centered courses, best-in-class technology, and the power of community, Juni’s varied learning experiences prepare students for their best future.
Juni is backed by Forerunner Ventures, Index Ventures, Y Combinator Co-founder Jessica Livingston, Arielle Zuckerberg, and more. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and was recently featured in Forbes, Fortune, WSJ, Fast Company and TechCrunch.