Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
In this role, you will serve as the primary technical Solutions Engineer helping guide key customers through implementation, integration, and expansion of their use of Mattermost as the central communication platform for their DevOps and technical teams. A key part of your job will be to identify and architect the key points of integration for the Mattermost platform within the customer's environment and work with the customer to implement these integrations utilizing customer, or partner-led development expertise. Delivering our pre-defined Onboarding Journey process, and helping to evolve this process through continuous improvement will be key.
- Lead the delivery of a purposeful Onboarding Journey process from initial internal hand-off from sales, through technical discovery, system configuration, testing, and end-user roll-out.
- Make architectural recommendations for the Mattermost software deployment and other adjacent technologies (e.g. MySQL/PostgreSQL, mobile, SSO, ElasticSearch, to ensure high availability, redundancy and scalability)Deliver best practices and consulting based on experiences with other successful Mattermost customer deployments.
- Work with our Product Management, Engineering and Support teams to resolve issues that occur during the Onboarding Journey.
- Document customer design and deployment decisions for sharing with the broader customer and Mattermost teams.
- Identify key integration opportunities to develop Mattermost as the central collaboration platform within DevOps and technical teams.
- Present detailed technical information and benefits of the Mattermost platform to a wide array of customers, including:line of business managers, developers, technical architects, and executives.
- Serve as the technical lead for all things related to the Mattermost deployment.
- You have a growth mindset and constantly seek to understand blindspots and challenges - whether it’s a customer’s unique needs or interacting with new technologies.
- This is a highly technical role for people that enjoy interacting with and enabling customers to unlock the power of Mattermost’s product.
- You feel comfortable tackling issues and enjoy digging into technical details with customers and are energized by solving challenges across a diverse range of technologies from databases to Docker, and cross-platform mobile development to RESTful web services.
- 5+ years Technical Account Management, Customer Support experience or Sales Engineering experience or equivalent experience - developers interested in working directly with customers are highly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, and container platforms.
- Expertise in open source and SaaS is a major advantage
- Interest in working creatively with customers to understand technical and business requirements and implement solutions, including change management and technical engagement delivery.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to go deep with technical customer resources or to describe the value proposition of Mattermost to IT executives.
- Excellent presentation skills for presenting advanced technical concepts.
- Experience leading and crafting technical projects, engaging with, and motivating change across multiple levels of IT executives and organizations.
- Ability to travel up to 30% (Post-Covid)