What you'll do
At Nira, the customers you'll be selling to are renewable energy developers. These are companies that find land to purchase to build large-scale solar, wind, and battery plants. Typically, the buyer has the title "Head of Development" - they're responsible for actually picking the plots of land to purchase / build on.
As our first Account Executive hire, we'll want you to be a part of every interaction our customer has with Nira. Responsibilities include:
- Own the entire sales process, from prospecting to closing deals
- Work closely with our CEO on building out the sales playbook / scaling the team
- Within 6 months, be able to independently manage one of our key markets and all growth in that market
- Customer success / gathering customer feedback for future product development
- Travel to trade shows ~once a quarter
- 1+ year working as an AE, ideally at an enterprise SAAS startup.
- Comfortable doing your own lead generation (cold email, LinkedIn, etc).
- Comfortable with a highly technical sales process.
- Extremely fast learner. The energy world is niche, and our customers lose trust if you come off uninformed.
- Excited about working in climate tech!
- Excited to work with Transmission Engineers and learn about how our electrical grid works.
- Obsessed with making users happy.
- Operate well in ambiguity.
- Comfortable with occasional travel to trade shows (~1 week a quarter).
- Capable of rolling with the punches. Plans change when working at a rapidly growing startup.