Backend Engineer at OpenSea
About the role
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for user-owned digital goods, which include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and other items backed by a blockchain. These digital goods have brand new properties: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. We're building a brand new economy from the ground up based on digital ownership. The team has backgrounds from Stanford, UC Berkeley, Palantir, Google, Facebook, and Pinterest, funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, Blockstack, and Blockchain Capital.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work.
We're looking for an experienced, detail-oriented software engineer with an enthusiasm for building and scaling feature-rich, well-tested, and polished applications with modern technologies like GraphQL, Elasticsearch, and Postgres. This individual will spearhead core features of the OpenSea marketplace backend.
- Build out well-tested backend systems for serving our core marketplace features
- Shepherd products from designs and specifications to live deployments
- Scale OpenSea across multiple blockchains and core protocols
- Drive and ambition to lead the development of a brand new platform
- An ability to write high quality, well tested code
- Potential to grow into a leadership position as the team expands
- (nice to have) A passion or growing interest in decentralized technologies
- (nice to have) An understanding of the basic mechanics of blockchain applications and dApps
Why you should join OpenSea
We’ve built the first (and largest) peer-to-peer marketplace for crypto assets, which include collectibles, gaming items, digital art, domain names, event tickets, and other assets backed by a blockchain. We're operating in a brand-new market but growing rapidly: we've had over $28 million in trading volume on our site since launch, over 12 million assets listed on our marketplace, 300+ apps using our platform, and we power the crypto asset integration for Coinbase Wallet and Opera.
Our team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, Pinterest, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.