🚀 What we’re building
- Finance operations at any high growth SMB or startup is plagued with resource intensive customer collections and vendor payment processes. This culminates into hundreds of wasted finance manhours and thousands of dollars in payment fees!
- Peakflo with its simple API and one-click accounting software integrations, allows businesses to streamline their customer collections and vendor payments. 187 finance team users, from early-stage startups to unicorns in SE Asia, use Peakflo each week to:
✅Save 100 hours/month on finance ops ⏳
✅Get paid faster on customer invoices by 10-20 days 📈
✅Streamline vendor payments and save 50-90% on fees 💰
- Most importantly, we have begun building an environment that encourages intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and ownership. An environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to succeed, learn, and grow ❤️
⚙️ Engineering at Peakflo
We are looking for hands-on Tech lead engineer with vast experience of building and owning large scale distributed backend systems in a remote environment, as well as running effective sprints.
💪 What you’ll do
- Work directly with the CTO & Founder to help shape our product and engineering culture.
- Work as solution architect as well as expert developer with solid experience in different parts of SDLC
- Lead technical decisions in the team and functional areas
- Design solutions for complex problems and devise a plan to execute that with proper technical details. e.g. sequence diagrams, flow diagrams etc.
- Design infrastructure diagrams with usage of different infrastructural components and data flow among them
- Identify service touchpoint and hand shaking areas between different service providers and design solution accordingly
- Describe, analyse and convince others about major technical trade-offs and decisions
- Write scalable, observable, and fault-tolerant features in a microservice system.
- Collaborate with teammates through planning, pair programming, code review, and testing.
- Partner with members of a cross-functional team and other stakeholders to contribute to setting the direction of our product: learn about our business problems, explore solutions, weigh design tradeoffs, write effective user stories, and prioritize them to deliver maximum value in a sustainable, incremental fashion.
- Mentor more junior engineers and helping them achieve their learning goals.
- Work with our technology stack: typescript+node.js, react.js/next.js, firebase, GCP, cypress, jest, github, github actions, vercel, ELK stack, mongodb, Java Spring Boot, K8S
🕵️♀️ Who we’re looking for
- You are a highly knowledgeable and experienced Tech Lead / Software Architect.
- You are excited about building distributed fintech applications and have a proven experience building complex distributed applications.
- You have experience in building complex integrations with 3rd party finance solutions.
- You are excited about ensuring that all of our systems—software and human—scale smoothly.
- You lead a distributed team with transparency and fostering meritocracy and collaboration.
- You follow best engineering practices and proactively make sure everyone in the team is following them as well.
- Excellent communication skills in English language
💻 What we’re Looking For:
- 6+ years of hands-on development experience, experience in financial technology is a bonus.
- You have 3+ years of system design or architecting experience; you should have done system design for some complex problems in those years and very much used to diagramming like- sequence diagram, flow diagrams, ERD, infrastructure diagram etc.
- You have at least 2 years of recent experience developing payment gateways or server-to-server integrations with 3rd party systems.
- You have at least 3 year of experience in setting up servers in cloud providers like AWS, GCP etc. This basically means you know how to do CI/CD, how to set up cloud resources and how VPC works etc.
- You know how to Dockerize your application and the benefits of it. Hands-on experience with K8S and terraform is ideal.
- You write code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable, with an eye towards baking observability in from the start.
- You know what scalability is and have delivered at least one service in your career where you have applied the theories of scalable solutions.
- Experience using agile/lean development practices with a focus on incremental delivery and business value.
- You’re good at navigating and shaping the dynamics of a rapidly-growing company with a remote-first culture: quickly adapting when priorities change and making conscious tradeoffs with incomplete information.
- Experience mentoring and training engineers
➕ We’re Particularly Interested In People Who:
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for themselves and their teams.
- Are passionate about sharing knowledge
- Favor regular, incremental delivery over perfection and have experience balancing high quality with incremental delivery.
- Brings strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Have experience with ERP, financial, accounting, or payments systems
- Have understanding of payment platforms (Direct Debit, Bank transfers, ACH etc.)
🏡 Remote - We are building a remote friendly culture centered around trust and meritocracy
📈 Stock options - As repeat founders, we truly believe in building something valuable as a team with a strong sense of shared ownership