Backend Engineer (Go) at Porter
About the role
We are looking for a backend engineer who is a Go expert. Additional familiarity with the Kubernetes and Helm APIs is certainly preferred but not required.
You will be expected to push critical code on a daily basis, help to architect our backend, and also work on larger features that constantly expand the capabilities of the platform.
- Extend our API written in Go using native Kubernetes, Helm, and Docker client packages to be more reliable and scalable
- Improve the developer experience on Porter by adding capabilities to our
- Work on auxiliary services, such as our cluster and infrastructure provisioner, written 100% in Go
- Implement a custom k8s controller
- Raise the bar for code quality and our engineering culture
Who we're looking for:
For this role, we are not looking for a generalist. We want someone who can immediately bring their existing experience to the table - elevating the standard for code quality without sacrificing rapid iteration and flexibility. As is the case with most early-stage startups, you should be comfortable with regularly shifting priorities.
- Backend: Go, Kubernetes + Helm APIs
- Web: React, TypeScript
- Infrastructure: AWS, GCP
Porter is open source. You can view our entire codebase here.
Our team is currently based in NYC, but we are open to remote hiring for those who can guarantee overlap with our core working hours (Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm ET). If you're in New York City, we're happy to discuss specific working arrangements.
Interested? Email your resume to jobs at getporter.dev and let us know why you would be a great fit for this role.
Why you should join Porter
Porter automates DevOps and hosting for the fastest growing companies. We let users link up their own AWS/GCP, point to the code they want to run, and then put the rest of the hosting process on autopilot (CI/CD, SSL, autoscaling, zero downtime deploys, infra monitoring, etc).