Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack at R2
About the role
Who we are
Small and medium businesses (SMBs) make up over 90% of companies, yet they face a trillion-dollar credit gap. At R2, we believe that small and medium businesses are the productive engine of society.
Our mission is to unlock their potential by providing financial solutions that are tailored to their needs. We are reimagining the economic infrastructure of Latin America - where SMBs financial needs are satisfied without ever having to go to a bank.
We integrate with some of the largest technology platforms in Latin America and embed tailored financial services that SMBs can then leverage. As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, we’re looking for a leader who can design highly scalable systems and services, integrate our systems to various third-party platforms, build UI components with the latest technologies, and promote a culture of technical learning, and push junior teammates to grow into excellent engineers.
What you’ll work on
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across R2
- Own the product and solution architecture
- Ensure best practices and uptime
- Contribute to company-wide standards and reliability
- Ensure delivery of mission critical systems with tight deadlines
- Increase the quality of your technical team both by hiring and coaching junior developers
- Build core frontend components and interfaces for the partners we work with
- Establish and improve our CI/CD pipeline
- Research and invest in new tooling to improve services
- Think about security throughout everything you do
- Promote a culture that fosters learning, growth, risk taking, and accountability
- Work with other teams to figure out how to build tools to make them more productive
Who you are
- 5+ years of engineering experience building API-driven services, with an appetite to code on a daily basis and looking to lead and grow junior talent.
- Experience with distributed architecture patterns, in particular microservices.
- Experience programming in Go, Java, or Python in the backend.
- Experience with the latest UI technologies such as React, GraphQL, and server-side rendering.
- Experience in designing and implementing robust data models for production using relational databases (PostgreSQL, etc.) and/or NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc).
- Experience in containers (Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes).
- Experience in CI/CD pipelines (Spinnaker, Jenkins, GoCD, Concourse, etc.)
- You speak Spanish and / or Portuguese (and are ideally based somewhere in Latin America).
- Experience designing and implementing Event-Driven architectures.
- Experience building integrations with 3rd-party APIs/services is a big plus.
If interested, please reach out directly to Roger: rt[at]r2capital.co
Why you should join R2
R2 enables platforms to offer flexible financing to their merchants in Latin America
These merchants are typically small and medium businesses (SMBs), which make up over 90% of companies in Latam yet face a trillion-dollar credit gap. At R2, we believe that SMBs are the productive engine of society.
Our mission is to unlock their potential by providing financial solutions that are tailored to their needs, right where they buy and sell. We are reimagining the financial infrastructure of Latin America - where SMBs financial needs are satisfied without ever having to go to a bank.