Backend Developer | Rappi
About the role
Rappi is the game changer startup for last mile delivery in Latam.
With more than 100K orders daily, we are making easy our customers lives by offering all the services available in their cities and delivering it in less than 30 minutes.
Rappi will provide you a daily challenges in new technologies, tools, and business requirements to move the needle.
You will be working closely with the VP of engineering, you squad tech lead, product manager, and business stakeholders to improve our products every day.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or similars
- 3+ years of application development experience on Backend technologies
- Proficiency with Java/ Kotlin/ GO or Python
- Ability to communicate complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
- Advanced experience in Java or Kotlin
- Advanced experience in SQL DBs (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Advanced experience in caches (Redis, MemCached)
- Knowledge of containers (Docker, Compose, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GoCD, Concourse, etc.)
- Advanced experience in Microservice architectures and/or distributed systems
- Develop and deliver new product features
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Work across both technical and business focused teams to deliver value to our users
- Review pull request of others
- Deploy Beta versions for testing and work closely with QAs
- Deploy final versions to production
Why you should join Rappi
Rappi is the fastest growing Latin American startup ever! Backed by the world’s best investors, including Sequoia, Andreesen Horowitz, Y Combinator, DST Capital, and Softbank we reached unicorn status last year and haven’t slowed down. We deliver whatever our customers want on-demand to their doorstep in minutes, from restaurants to groceries to hard cash. We have also recently launch wallet and eCommerce products which are taking off quickly to become the “SuperApp” of LatAm. We operate in 40 cities across 7 countries in Latin America, with large hubs in Mexico City, Bogotá, Sao Paulo, and Buenos Aires.
This are our Core Values. Things that are truly in our DNA. The behaviors and mental habits that have made us what we are. They are what make us special as a team and what all of you guys share. Please tell me if you feel at home when you read them.
- Highly ambitious for the greater good, not for ourselves.
- Beauty makes people smile, so it’s not optional.
- Talk fast, walk fast, think fast. And execute things in parallel.
- Move the needle. (Prioritize) Every challenge is a gift and an opportunity .
- We never complain, we act. We use our curiosity to fix things.
- We deliver magic, and magic only happens when you jump off a cliff.