Senior Engineering Manager | Rappi ADS Platform at Rappi
About the role
At Rappi, no two days are the same. We love to hustle, work hard for a greater good, and strive to be the leing tech company in Latin America. Rappi is growing at a tremendous rate and this position is crucial in our pursuit at providing a game-changing experience for our users, couriers and partners. Are you rey to take complex issues and create extraordinary solutions that our customers love? Come join us!
About the role:
We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Manager in Rappi. This senior leer will be in charge of the organization's engineering strategy and romap and will le all engineering efforts in the company. The Senior Engineering Manager will be responsible for translating the company’s strategy into state of the art systems and applications that will amaze our customers through a delightful user experience.
The S Team
Rappi’s Restaurant product kicked-off in the second half of 2020, the s product currently serves on a monthly basis thousands of restaurant Brands. During 2021 the s team will build new product versions to scale even more.
The platform and App space is fueling a new disruption in the marketing industry as investments not only allow for a targeted audience reach but also track complete funnel data.
- Collaborate with the Product Team to jointly define a Product and Tech Strategy and romap to achieve the - targets established by Rappi’s C-Level
- Le your engineering and software delivery teams in defining the Tech Strategy for the vertisement product for the Restaurant team at Rappi.
- Continue to develop and build the engineering team for s.
- Ensure execution of the technical romap.
- Ensure best practices and technical excellence in all your teams.
- Manage external vendors and development agency relationships.
- Contribute to company-wide standards and reliability.
- Increase the quality of your technical team by hiring, coaching, and performance managing.
- 10+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Experience leing high-performance technical teams
- Experience in high growth, fast scaling environment
- Strong software architecture knowledge and ability to ship both MVPs and highly scalable solutions focused on Servers
- Experience managing external vendors and agency-based engineering teams alongside internal teams.
- Champion good engineering practices, such as test-driven development, thoughtful code reviews, automation, Scrum, etc.
- Strong stakeholder management skills (C-Level interactions)
We are looking for: From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a multi-national team that shares a number of traits. You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems. You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
Why you should join Rappi
Rappi is the fastest growing Latin American startup ever! Backed by the world’s best investors, including Sequoia, Andreesen Horowitz, Y Combinator, DST Capital, and Softbank we reached unicorn status last year and haven’t slowed down. We deliver whatever our customers want on-demand to their doorstep in minutes, from restaurants to groceries to hard cash. We have also recently launch wallet and eCommerce products which are taking off quickly to become the “SuperApp” of LatAm. We operate in 40 cities across 7 countries in Latin America, with large hubs in Mexico City, Bogotá, Sao Paulo, and Buenos Aires.
This are our Core Values. Things that are truly in our DNA. The behaviors and mental habits that have made us what we are. They are what make us special as a team and what all of you guys share. Please tell me if you feel at home when you read them.
- Highly ambitious for the greater good, not for ourselves.
- Beauty makes people smile, so it’s not optional.
- Talk fast, walk fast, think fast. And execute things in parallel.
- Move the needle. (Prioritize) Every challenge is a gift and an opportunity .
- We never complain, we act. We use our curiosity to fix things.
- We deliver magic, and magic only happens when you jump off a cliff.