Engineering Manager/Sr. Engineering Manager.
About the role
We are actively seeking for an Engineering Manager / Sr.Engineering Manager to lead a team of passionate engineers. You will have the opportunity to shape and scale the culture as Razorpay continues its growth. You will work in lock step with the product team to get features out the door quickly. Your team will own some of the most critical systems at Razorpay and deliver innovative product features through continuous iteration.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- We believe in Impact creation at scale, so it is imperative for Manager.
- Ability to attract and hire top-notch Engineering talent for the organisation.
- Be responsible for the group’s technical strategy and roadmap – creating success metrics in close collaboration with other groups across the organisation in executing initiatives in agile way.
- Brings a strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and champion their adoption.
- Has the technical capacity and capability to partner with tech leads and architects in problem solving.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management.
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their recognition. -Effective at influencing a culture of engineering craftsmanship and excellence.
- Initiate cross-functional (Product, Business, Operations) collaborations with development teams throughout Razorpay and gather feedback and requirements.
- Seek diverse perspectives to drive bottom-up innovation and create buy-in from all technical stakeholders.
- Ensure the team fully understands the goals and objectives of Razorpay as a company and how their work fits into ' the bigger picture.'
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Total of 8+ years' experience.
- Experience level of 5+ years of experience in very large scale applications and 3+ years' experience in people management.
- Strong problem solving skills, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with distributed systems handling large amount of data.
- Excellent coding skills in one of the languages PHP/Python/C++/Java.
- Very good understanding of Web Technologies.
- Very good understanding of any RDBMS and/or messaging.
Why you should join Razorpay
Razorpay was founded by Shashank Kumar and Harshil Mathur in 2015. Razorpay is building a new age digital banking platform (neobank) for businesses in India. Our mission is to enable frictionless banking and payments experiences for businesses of all shapes and sizes. We started out as a B2B payments company and today, we process billions of dollars of payments for hundreds of thousands of businesses across India. We are the leading payments provider in the country and have been the first to bring most major innovations to market in the past 5 years. With the launch of RazorpayX, we aim to become a leading provider of banking and payout products to businesses covering the gamut of current account, payroll, vendor payouts and many others. In the past year, the company has disbursed loans worth millions of dollars to thousands of businesses. Over time the company has developed a stellar track record of serving customer needs from freelancers and small businesses to large scale enterprises.
The company has raised USD $200M+ in funding till date from marquee investors like Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, GIC, Ribbit Capital, Matrix Partners and many stellar angels.