We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help customers integrate and develop recommendation models using the Shaped Platform. Responsibilities include connecting external data sources to Shaped, creating ranking models with our declarative SQL interface, and helping customers achieve their business objectives.
As a founding Senior Data Scientist, you'll collaborate with a diverse range of customers to solve their ranking challenges. Additionally, you'll contribute to shaping our product roadmaps and engineering culture.
We’re excited to work with you. Come build the future of AI with us!
- Past experience working with recommendation systems in production
- Bachelor's in computer science, data science or mathematics related field. Master's degree or PhD will be advantageous.
- 3+ years of industry experience in a software engineering, data science or solutions architecture role
- Proficient with Python, SQL
- Have the willingness to wear many hats, be passionate about unblocking issues for customers, and have an excitement for problem-solving
- In-depth knowledge of mathematics, statistics and algorithms.
- Operate well within fast paced, small teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Become an expert at using the Shaped ranking platform
- Experiment with ranking models for customer's discovery use-cases
- Analyze data to identify performance improvements for customers' models swiftly
- Experiment with pre-trained image, language, audio and video embedding models that understand our customer's discovery data
- Build strong relationships with customers’ technical teams and leaders to ensure long-term success with Shaped
- Deliver technical demos to showcase the Shaped’s capabilities to customers.
- Proactively communicate with customers on timelines, updates and next steps
Shaped is an API for developers to seamlessly add personalized ranking and recommendation into their products. These frictionless discovery experiences help end-users find what they want faster, and, consequently, grow conversion and engagement business metrics.
We’re a seed stage start-up backed by top-tier investors (e.g. Y-Combinator, Susa Ventures, Tribe Capital etc…) and executives (e.g. Google, Amazon, Uber, Dropbox etc…). Our team comes from Meta, Google, Apple and Uber. We’re a remote team but have a small office in Brooklyn, New York.