Developer Relations Engineer at SigNoz
About the role
At SigNoz, we are building an open-source alternative to DataDog. We help developers monitor their applications and troubleshoot problems, quickly.
In less than 8 months of our launch, we have reached 5000+ Github stars and 300+ members in the slack community.
If you are developer who loves talking to people, writing about what you are building and help other devs get started, this role may just be the right fit for you :)
- Opportunity to work in a global dev infra product from India.
- Work on an open source product. Engage with the community. Evangelise the product.
- Founding team from IITs who are/have been devs themselves
- Backed by YC and some of the prominent VCs in India and US.
Who would be a good fit
- 1+ yrs experience as a software engineer.
- Can get your hand dirty in codes in different languages and deployment methods (think k8s, docker). Not necessary to have deep knowledge, but enough to set up some sample apps
- Active in dev communities like Github or different dev focused slack communities. Open source contributions are a big plus.
- Curious and having a get stuff done attitude
- Interest in startups. If you are an ex-entrepreneur, we would love to chat with you
What you will be working on
- Create dev focused blogs or videos, speak at dev-facing conferences
- Help users out in setting SigNoz and understand their usecases
- Engage in online dev communities and present the product in online/in-person meetups
- Help documentation team to improve docs and content around the product based on your interactions with dev communities
- Maintain sample apps in different languages/frameworks to get users started with SigNoz
Seems like something right up your alley?
Just apply on this site or email your CV and an optional intro note to me at [pranay at signoz dot io]. Feel free to include links to your GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, or blog posts.
Our process involves a short initial exploratory chat, followed by three interviews/discussions. The aim is for both sides to learn more about each other. The timeline is ~10 days unless you need more time.
Why you should join SigNoz
SigNoz is an open source alternative to DataDog, NewRelic. We help developers monitor their applications and troubleshoot any problem.
We have got lots of interest from the dev community with 4000+ stars within 5 months of launching the project. Here's our Github repo
We are backed by prominent angels & funds including Y Combinator.