At Skyways we are building a new form of air transportation. Some people call it the flying car, except we have our own master plan on how to get there. We believe autonomous unmanned aerial vehicles represent a unique opportunity to move things and ultimately people in new, more efficient ways. Skyways is an early stage startup based near Austin TX. We are backed by some of the most respected investors in Silicon Valley and beyond including YCombinator. Come join us work on a transportation revolution to advance our civilization!
We are growing and looking for a Senior Software Engineer specialized in ML / CV to join our team and help with all AI-related efforts at Skyways. You are excited about things that fly. You are not afraid of tough engineering challenges, that's what gets you up in the morning. You are willing to work directly on the aircraft and see your creation take flight. You are excited about joining a startup, an extremely fast-paced environment where we get things done.
- take ownership of computer vision related projects at Skyways
- collect training data, set up training pipelines, produce models, rinse and repeat
- invent, design new systems and go through design review process
- reason about your decisions based on data (experiments, math/science)
- maintain a clean codebase by doing code reviews, writing tests, using CI
- promote software engineering best practices, and develop processes for the long term
- ship software to production (i.e. our aircraft but also network-based applications), systems integration, and be an SRE
- work with flight ops to test your software and iterate/improve at an insane speed
- BSc. or MSc. in Computer Science / Software Engineering
- Graduated before 2016
- at least 5 years of experience as a Software Engineer
- at least 3 years of experience in Machine Learning / AI in particular Computer Vision
- at least 3 years of experience in C++ and Python
- at least 3 years of experience with code reviews, unit tests and e2e tests
- at least 2 years of experience in a multi-threaded codebase
- generalist and able to work beyond full stack
- be an awesome and friendly individual
- basic EE knowledge
- experience with software running onboard a vehicle/robot
- experience with flight controls / control theory
Note: this is NOT a research position.