As the first hire in outbound GTM, you will be at the forefront for growth at Slope. You will generate a qualified pipeline such that our solutions architects and engineers can help our customers successfully implement Slope. You will identify key account targets, engage with them in a tailored way, and uncover their business and technical challenges. You will need to have a keen understanding of our embedded finance and software capabilities to effectively harness interest in our product suite. Slope is constantly iterating and taking into customer feedback, so you will need to be aggressive, resourceful, a good communicator and listener, and relentless. In this role, you will play a critical role in powering our revenue generation through innovative prospecting and sales strategies.
✨ Why work with us?
- You will get the chance to be an early team member at a fast-growth YC startup. We truly believe that it’s slope — not where you start but how fast we are growing and iterating
- We are growing insanely fast and are well-funded. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join our rocketship at an inflection point!
- We’re a tight-knit, intense team, where you'll learn a ton and have ownership
- Work with seasoned second-time founders
- Help small business owners thrive and compete against large corporations
💎 What you will do
- Develop a strong understanding of the Slope product suite and value proposition
- Contribute to and be responsible for revenue growth; manage customers from prospecting to close; and achieving quarterly bookings
- Drive awareness for Slope through identifying and prospecting accounts ranging from middle-market to enterprise
- Be resourceful. Send personalized and creative outbound campaigns to prospects and book qualified meetings for sales and engineering
- Work effectively with sales, product and engineering to identify messaging that resonates crisply with various personas
- Engage and build relationships with senior executive prospects on the importance of the order-to-cash product offering and validate Slope as the emerging leader in this market
- Build and share case studies with potential prospects
- Learn, iterate, and innovate. Build, test and measure different outbound strategies
- Understand a customers sector and business challenges and how Slope would deliver cost efficiencies and revenue opportunities
- Utilize Gong and Hubspot for effective tracking and communication internally
- Deliver presentations to the customer utilizing best practices
- Attention to detail, strong work ethic, and a relentless drive
- Comfortable with process and ambiguity. We are growing fast and still learning
- A demonstrated ability to get stuff done. In an ideal world, you’ve worked in a fast-growing company and know what we should be doing today, in one year, and in two years.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Iterative mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work through complex deals
- Familiarity with databases and excel
Slope is bringing the B2B economy online with a category-defining modern payments platform. Powered by our clean data infrastructure, we are building one platform to seamlessly automate B2B payment workflows.
Slope has raised $187M in equity/debt to date from Sam Altman, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Tiger Global, and founders of Dropbox, Doordash, Opendoor, and Plaid.