Slope is bringing the B2B economy online with a category-defining modern payments platform. Powered by our clean data infrastructure, we are building one platform to seamlessly automate B2B payment workflows.
Slope has raised $157M in equity/debt to date from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Tiger Global, and founders of Dropbox, Doordash, Opendoor, and Plaid.
Be one of the first members of the customer success and operations team at Slope, where we’re digitizing the B2B economy. In this role, you’ll get in on the ground floor of building the team that takes partners and their users from point of sale through their customer journey and translates all their needs into product iterations along the way. You’ll collaborate closely with engineering, sales, finance and risk. We’re looking for a self-starter, who is an expert problem solver, clear and empathetic communicator, quick learner and operator, and has demonstrated success dealing with uncertainty.
✨ Why work with us?
- You will get the chance to be an early team member at a fast-growth YC startup. We truly believe that it’s slope — not where you start but how fast we are growing and iterating.
- We are growing insanely fast and well-funded. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join our rocketship at an inflection point!
- We’re a tight-knit, intense team, where you'll learn a ton and have ownership.
- Work with seasoned second-time founders.
- Help underdog business owners thrive and compete against large corporations.
- Strong and creative problem-solving ability that always puts the customer first.
- Proven track record of being detail-oriented and managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Deep curiosity and the ability to translate data into product-driven solutions.
- Clear and thoughtful verbal and written communication skills, with strong critical thinking ability.
- Demonstrated success in Biz Ops, Finance, Growth, Product and/or Customer Success.
- A love of being in front of and continuously learning from customers.
- Proven track record of data-driven decision making and is comfortable with databases, pulling data, etc (SQL knowledge and/or experience).
- Being autonomous, proactive and a fast-learner (Slope! ⚡).
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong work ethic. No job is too big or too small.
🚀 Bonus points
- Finance and/or technical background.
- Have worked directly with engineering and data science teams.
- Previous experience at a high-growth, fast-paced startup.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Passionate about helping small businesses grow.
- Build, iterate and own customer activation, working with our sales, engineering, finance and risk teams to ensure customer success.This includes: 1. Working with merchants to understand the end buyers to determine risk profiles, pricing, other customer segments, etc. 2. Aligning with merchants to optimize onboarding, communications flow and marketing strategies.
- Track and help drive key partners metrics to help their business grow, while balancing strong unit economics.
- Go above and beyond to make our customer experience seamless with product-driven solutions and white-glove service.
- Be the voice of the customer. Clearly and cross-functionally communicating, customers needs to help drive and influence Slope’s strategy and product priorities.
- Translate customer pain points into clear and prioritized product needs with quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts and customer stakeholders that leads to account expansion.