ABOUT THE ROLE
Taktile exists to create value for organizations through smarter and safer decisions at scale. Our goal is to become the world's leading software provider for automated decision-making in the financial services industry and, to date, our software has been used by our customers to power over 255’000 critical business decisions every day.
- Taktile is based in New York City, London, and Berlin
- Taktile was founded by machine learning and data science veterans with extensive experience building and running production ML in financial services
- Our team consists of engineers, entrepreneurs, and researchers with a diverse set of backgrounds. Some of us attended top universities such as Harvard, Oxford, and Stanford and some of us have no degree at all
- Our team has accumulated extensive work experience at leading tech companies such as Google, Amazon, and Meta, startups, and the enterprise software sphere
- Our backers include Y Combinator, Index Ventures, and stellar angels such as the founders of Looker, GitHub, Mulesoft, Datadog, and UiPath
We’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors and show great traction with scale-ups and large enterprises across the financial services and insurance industry. We are looking to build on this success by growing our sales team, professionalizing our go-to-market, and acquiring more customers.
That’s where you come in.
As our new Business Development Representative, you’ll be critical to:
- Creating a great first impression of Taktile as the first point of contact for prospects in their buying journey
- Generating a high-quality Sales pipeline
- Collaborating with and supporting the Sales and Marketing teams
- Building the foundations of our newly-formed Business Development team
- You are empathetic and curious - you love learning about customers and their problems
- You are customer-focused and feel confident leading live conversations (phone, video, face-to-face)
- You are creative and proactive - you’re always looking for ways to stand out with prospects and to improve the way we do things
- You enjoy improving the status quo by creating structure and processes from scratch
- You are eager to learn, apply, and bring new best practices to the organization
- You have excellent written and spoken English skills and an exceptional feel for language and messaging
- You are resilient - it can be a tough role, with lots of rejection but the wins make it worth it!
- You are a new graduate or have 1-2 years of work experience
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Research and identify target companies and leads matching our ideal customer profile
- Source and qualify outbound leads applying qualification frameworks such as PACTT
- Triage and qualify inbound leads from Marketing activities
- Manage prospecting work-flow in Sales Navigator and HubSpot
- Set up Discovery meetings with the Sales team
- Report regularly to Head of Business Development in weekly 1:1s and Sales standups
- Consistently meet or overachieve on activity and monthly Sales Accepted Lead targets
- Feed back market insights to Taktile management team to help refine our go-to-market positioning and playbook
IDEAL, BUT NOT REQUIRED
Experience in Sales or in a BDR/SDR role isn’t necessary. But, we would love to see a track record of success and achievement in the things you’ve done to date - academic, sporting, extracurricular, or otherwise.
- Receive a top-of-market equity and cash compensation package
- Get access to a self-development budget that you can use to e.g. attend conferences, buy books or take classes
- Join us onsite in our inspiring office space in the heart of Berlin or fully remote and travel to quarterly team meetings around the world
- Make an impact and meaningfully shape an early-stage company by creating new opportunities
- Experience a truly flat hierarchy. Interact with and learn directly from founding team members. Having an opinion and voicing your ideas is not only welcome but encouraged, especially when they challenge the status quo
- Get to know and learn from experienced mentors such as the founders of Looker, GitHub, Mulesoft, Datadog, and UiPath
- Use the equipment of your choice including meaningful home office set-up.
- Benefit from an onboarding and training path supported by best-in-class coaches to become a true expert in your field
- Work with colleagues that lift you up, challenge you, celebrate you and help you grow. We come from many different backgrounds, but what we have in common is the desire to operate at the very top of our fields. If you are similarly capable, caring, and driven, you'll find yourself at home here
- We're eager to meet talented and driven candidates regardless of whether they tick all the boxes. We're looking for someone who will add to our culture, not just fit within it. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underestimated and underrepresented in tech to apply
- We seek to actively recognize and combat racism, sexism, ableism, and ageism. We embrace and support all gender identities and expressions, and celebrate love in its many forms. We won't inquire about how you identify or if you've experienced discrimination, but if you want to tell your story, we are all ears