Full Stack Engineer at UpCodes
About the role
As a foundational member of our engineering team, you'll be involved in end-to-end development on features across our web product, from architecture all the way to support. We have a frequent cadence of shipping new features and a close connection to our market.
You'll have to be willing to get your hands dirty with (and learn) everything across the stack: API design, frontend, backend, data engineering, algorithms, startup engineering, analytics, bug reporting, etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 3+ years of experience building web products, ideally across the stack
- Clean simple code, even when solving complex problems
- Strong sense of UX
- Good systems design
- Ability to learn new tech quickly
- Python 3, PostgreSQL, Flask, Heroku, Redis, AWS, TypeScript, Tailwind
- Create a tool that allows experts to write formulas to identify when a building code section applies for a user's building, so we can help them find relevant information
- Create Rap Genius-style annotations on sections of building code, to create a more interactive user experience
- Write algorithms to detect and display how versions of a code have changed through time, so users understand how regulations how evolved
- Help migrate to React/Next on the frontend
Please click here to apply - we only look at candidates who apply directly.
Why you should join UpCodes
UpCodes provides tools to help architects and developers design safe, accessible buildings that speed through government approval. Inefficiencies and mistakes navigating complex building codes cost companies billions yearly in the US alone. Our SaaS platform enables industry professionals to find, understand, and apply the codes so they can build better.