Senior Software Engineer at Webflow
About the role
Join us if you want to work on the next generation web publishing platform. Work on our CMS, use powerful technology like GraphQL, node.js, and OpenResty on our robust AWS infrastructure. Monitor, build, and scale a node.js, MongoDB, and redis stack on a resilient AWS deployment all coordinated by Rancher, Terraform, and running on Docker. Architect and implement a performant web publishing platform for people of all backgrounds. We are working on some incredible products and we need your expertise to do it.
This is a full-time, salaried position. In addition to a competitive salary and equity package, we include: awesome medical, dental, and vision plans, employer-funded HRA plan, 4+ weeks of paid vacation, catered lunches and stocked kitchen, new apple gear, commuter benefits, $100 monthly Lyft credit, paid parental leave programs, in-office bicycle storage, and fun team-building events.
What you'll do:
- Write scalable services in node.js, AWS Lambda, and OpenResty (Lua)
- Architect and build scalable infrastructure using Terraform, Kubernetes (EKS), and Docker
- Write new APIs and rewrite old ones using GraphQL and Apollo
- Contribute to our codebase and add your own features
- Work on our high-performance web hosting infrastructure in Lua
- Write high-performance, concurrent node.js code that powers all of our APIs
- Use your experience running highly scalable systems to improve our development and deployment processes
- Collaborate with our team of top designers and engineers
- Work on a highly technical platform that empowers hundreds of thousands of people, and serves millions of page views an hour
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Have significant experience (4+ years) in engineering scalable, multi-tenant environments
- Previous experience in either Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Experience in React.js/GraphQL is a plus
- Deep understanding of data design and modeling
- Built and worked on complex web applications
- A deep understanding of design patterns — and an even better knowledge of when to apply them
- Very comfortable behind a linux terminal
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
Why you should join Webflow
Webflow empowers designers and developers to create powerful, stunning websites — entirely visually. With the world's first customizable visual CMS, integrated with a designer that writes HTML and CSS for you, you can host sites or export prototypes on Webflow. Trusted by over 100,000 customers to power ecommerce businesses, marketing sites, and design systems. Our mission is to democratize the development of software by providing visual abstractions over complex technology and logic. Our belief is that the majority of software will be designed and built visually in the future, and that our journey is just beginning.
We have over 160 employees all over the world, with headquarters in San Francisco. We pride ourselves on work-life balance, transparency, and upholding our Core Behaviors, which are:
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big