Software Engineer - UI/UX at Zentail
About the role
Zentail's mission is to make e-commerce simple. Our software makes it easy for brands and retailers to centrally manage product information, listings, inventory, pricing, orders and fulfillment on major online shopping sites including Amazon, Google, Facebook, Walmart, eBay, Shopify and BigCommerce.
At Zentail, our software engineers are passionate about building a great product. You will have the opportunity to work as a part of a small team of extremely talented software engineers. The work you do every day will have an immediate effect on our platform and the success of our customers. Being part of a small team also means wearing different hats and being pushed out of your comfort zone from time to time.
As the first dedicated UI/UX engineer at Zentail, you will be researching, designing and implementing user experiences that our customers use every single day to perform the most critical operations of an e-commerce business. The role will be a hybrid of designing experiences and implementing them which gives you total control of the experience from conception all the way to our customers screens.
You'll know you are successful if we are delivering stable, high-performing experiences which hit our business goals and increase customer satisfaction (NPS).
- Focus on how to evolve the Zentail user experience to make complex e-commerce operations feel simple and intuitive
- Work on designing new experiences and UIs
- Implement React components and compose them into functional UIs using Storybook
- Review UIs internally and with customers to confirm the solutions are solving real problems elegantly
- Work with the rest of the engineering team to integrate the UIs into the platform
- Help triage and fix UI-related bugs
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong ability and desire to learn, work hard and build great software.
- 5+ years of experience in UX design, front end development or related work
Nice to Have
- Experience with component driven UI design
- Experience using React, CSS, Storybook
- Experience conducting customer interviews
- Zentail is a rapidly-growing start-up in an exciting industry. This is an opportunity to be an early member of an expanding and diverse team. As the company grows, more leadership positions will become available
- We believe in growth through autonomy. You will be in a position to own your success and have a direct impact on the direction of the company
- We believe in having fun and enjoying our work
- Zentail has high standards for quality in every facet of the company. This includes building an industry-leading product, best-in-class support, and developing motivated, intelligent people
- Stock Options
- Full Health Benefits- 100% paid premiums!
- 401k plan with company matching
- Weekly company lunches and Monday morning bagels
- Quarterly team events
- Flexible paid time off
- Casual work environment with hyper motivated world class engineering, operations, and sales team
- Unlimited snacks, coffee and sparkling water to keep you energized
- System76 Linux Laptop for developing
- Office is centrally located to Baltimore and D.C. for easy commuting
Why you should join Zentail
Zentail makes adding online sales channels for ecommerce brands as simple as adding a friend on Facebook. Our mission is to make ecommerce simple and we do it with our ecommerce network that automates away all of the work getting a listing formatted for different marketplaces with different requirements.