The team and your role
As part of our growth, we're hiring for someone to lead our post-sales customer experience, overseeing the implementation of our product, the day-to-day run, and the potential account expansion. Our customer base include software, fintech and infrastructure companies mainly based in Europe and the US, such as Mistral.ai, Together.ai, Swan.io.
This role is based either in-office in Paris in our gorgeous new office in the 10th arrondissement, and/or remote in a timezone that is +2/-2h from CET. Any application outside these criteria will unfortunately be automatically archived.
We're a team of 12 today and will be a team of 20 in the upcoming months, and we're all about Customer Experience, Product, and Open Source.
Your role includes:
- Deeply understand the customer, their business objectives, their workflows, and their goals to demonstrate value as effectively as possible
- Utilize deep technical expertise to drive and project manage customer implementations from end to end
- Deliver excellent customer experience throughout the implementation project by providing consistent, clear communication across multiple stakeholders
- Distinguish between “must-have” and “nice-to-have” requirements and feedback from the customer throughout implementation
- Make sense of ambiguous and/or complicated business requirements and translate them for a variety of audiences
- Document the Implementation project plan for internal and external understanding. Define project milestones and meet them; clearly communicate dependencies and ownership (status updates to the various audiences, clear priorities set internally and externally)
- Identify and mitigate project risks such as scope creep, stakeholder engagement, customer IT resourcing, internal backlogs; escalate appropriately to internal and/or customer executives
- Build trust, understanding and influence with members of technical and operations teams who contribute to the implementation and then use our product
- Leverage these "live" cases to build a repeatable playbook (e.g., learnings, frameworks, best practices) to support our growth
The person we are looking for
- 3+ prior experience in Technical Project Management, Sales/Success/Solution Engineers, or other Customer-facing roles with Mid-Market or Enterprise business customers
- A passion for the preciseness required when scoping an implementation or migration, while thriving on leading negotiations: with strategic thinking, patience and emotional intelligence. Untangling complex and ambiguous cross functional projects will be the day to day job.
- Comfortable holding others accountable to tasks and deadlines
- Ownership mentality and initiative - if you see something needs to be done, go do it!
Enthusiastic about learning technicalities of domain-specific concepts such as billing, payments, integrations, even ingestions, open-source.
Competitive package including equity ; Remote-friendly ; Regular workations, usually by the ☀️🌊🏄♀️
About the interview
- 20-min first call
- Technical case or pairing
- Review of the case with the team
What we commit to:
- Your time is precious, and we'll do our very best to be time-conscious with yours.
- If you're open to it, we commit to give you the most constructive feedback as possible on your case, as we are aware it's quite an investment of time on your side.
- We approach recruiting as a 2-way street, we make offers when we have a strong conviction on the mutual fit: in terms of skills, mindset, cultural fit.
Learn more how we think and work
We're the open-source billing API for usage-based, subscription-based, and all the nuances of pricing in between.
With Lago, you can make your billing fit your pricing and business workflows, not the other way around.
We built a custom billing system from scratch for Qonto.com, a 5x Fintech unicorn in Europe.
That was not the best use of our engineers' time (it's complex to build and to maintain), but we felt 'trapped':
- We did not want to hack around Stripe Billing, or Chargebee, or any of the equivalents to customize it: our pricing was a mix of subscription-based and usage-based, and the existing tools were built for subscription-based businesses
- We did not want to leave precious % of revenue on the table. We resented their rent-seeker approach, and their closed architecture in general, with data being locked in another product.
So we went for a home-made billing system, which was far from being perfect.
Lago aims at fixing this problem at scale, with an open architecture by design.
Lago is on a mission to pioneer a ‘Modern Pricing Stack’*, for Product Led companies.
- Pricing and all its components (billing, payments, invoicing, cash collection, etc.) are one of the most critical business pillars, and are yet to be systemized.
- Billing and pricing questions are still one of the most common sources of customer support tickets, and that’s only the tip of the iceberg.
- Incumbent pricing tools have been built around a “closed architecture” mindset: keeping critical data locked to claim to be the “source of truth”, closing numerous parts of their APIs, only integrating with specific partners to lock you in (e.g., Stripe Billing only working with Stripe Payments), to finally collect a rent-seeker tax on transactions (0.5-1% of revenues).
We believe in a more open pricing stack, that interconnects with the company’s internal workflows and systems, with a fairer revenue model.
'* inspired by the ‘Modern Data Stack’ movement (read more here: https://www.fivetran.com/blog/what-is-the-modern-data-stack)
- Ambition: we aim big, because otherwise, where is the fun?
- Progress: we care more about the grit, the steep learning curve, the resilience and creativity muscles, than the current status or where you come from.
- Humble confidence: we know our strengths and always strive for excellence, but we also know there’s so much we don’t know yet
- Pay it forward: we’ve all started somewhere, people gave us a hand when we needed one, we don’t forget this, and reinforce this positive cycle
- Not taking ourselves too seriously: we are ambitious, restless learners and hustlers, but at the end of the day, our health (physical and mental), and our loved ones are what matter the most.