Marketing Coordinator at The Essential
The Essential is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to support the strategy and execution of our marketing initiative.
This candidate will report into the Founder and work hand-in-hand with other members of the marketing and product teams. This role will be expected to contribute to strategy, design, and execution for a variety of channels, including: social media, digital marketing, website content, consumer journey, email marketing, app, SMS marketing, influencer marketing, and more. This role is perfect for a generalist looking for more experience in a variety of marketing areas. This is a new role that will be tailored for the hire.
The ideal candidate is creative, performance obsessed, and both empathetic and agile to support a scaling team and organization. The ability to problem solve and identify creative solutions, in collaboration with a team, is critical.
We're looking for someone who
- Is passionate about making a meaningful difference in e-commerce, and the world at large.
- Believes that supply chains should, and could, be more ethical and sustainable.
- Is passionate about craftsmanship, high quality products, and food!
- Has hands-on experience in marketing, and is curious to learn more.
We’d love someone who is
- An excellent writer with the ability to write in different brand voices.
- A creative problem solver. Looking for someone who is not just repeating what’s been done, but interested in helping to build what is next.
- An independent and strategic thinker. Someone who can execute strategic deliverables with quality and speed.
- Interested in performance marketing. Looking for someone who is equally excited about analyzing performance data, as they are about creative storytelling.
- Experienced in digital marketing, and knows how to track initiatives to outcomes.
- Execute on email marketing campaigns, including (but not exclusive to) weekly product launches and nurture programs.
- Collaborate with digital ad buyers to coordinate budget, assets, approvals, and reports.
- Collaborate with the product team to write website and product copy.
- Contribute to social media strategy and general content strategy.
- Manage mobile app updates and content for app homepage.
- Execute SMS and app notification messages.
- Collaborate with PR agency, influencer marketer, and other agencies/contractors to complete marketing projects
- In collaboration with team, plan and execute physical activations (pop ups) pending strategy
- Manage OOH advertising - including billboards, physical placements, etc.
- Manage brand partnerships in marketing - both digital and physical
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing, ideally for an e-commerce company or start up.
- Passion for digital and social platforms.* This person should be a tactician, on top of the latest formats, testing them, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally* with many teams, and collaborate with professionals from diverse backgrounds.