🧊 IcePanel - Collaborative system design; linked with reality
A lightweight visual approach to modelling software architecture, linked with resources in the real world.
Communication of software systems is hard, visuals help but often lack consistency and are out-of-date within weeks.
IcePanel is a SaaS tool for tech teams to collaborate on their software architecture design.
👋 Who are we?
Hey all, we’re Victor and Jacob, the founders of 🧊 IcePanel.
Software teams currently use generic diagramming tools to communicate complex systems.
- Software systems are becoming increasingly complex and are hard to explain.
- Technical teams often find it challenging to tell the right story and gain alignment.
- Technical diagrams are inconsistent, lack context and drift from reality - becoming out-of-date in a matter of weeks.
- Engineering and product teams are often misaligned, especially in technical areas.
💩 Bad communication across teams is time-consuming and expensive.
🚀 Our solution
Help humans visually communicate complex systems; linked to resources in reality.
- IcePanel is a collaborative modelling tool, that provides a single source of truth with reusable objects and relationships, keeping your diagrams in sync and up-to-date with changes.
2️⃣ Consistent language
- IcePanel is built upon the C4 model, a lightweight layered approach designed for technical and non-technical audiences. This brings consistency to visual & verbal communication about software architecture.
3️⃣ Linked to reality
- IcePanel objects can be linked to resources in reality, such as files in Git, that flag as out-of-date if they no longer exist.
Want to see more? Head over to IcePanel!
🙌 Our ask
- Try us out for free & let us know your feedback
- Connect us with engineering teams who struggle to fully understand their systems
- Share with your developer or product friends