The YC job board has always been the best way to find early roles at funded and vetted YC startups. This is especially true after a startup graduates from YC, raises an early round and starts to hire their founding team.
Below are a few of the most recent YC startups (Winter '22 batch) hiring for founding engineers, with compensation in the $160-180K range and equity around 1.5-2.0%.
To keep up with the newest YC startups hiring on the platform, create a profile on YC's job board and find yours.
1.) Founding Frontend Engineer at PropelAuth (W22)
- About the company: PropelAuth provides the right level of authentication for all stages of a company. New startups can use our hosted pre-built UIs which provide the simplest possible integration right out of the box.
- What stands out: Solo founder with eng and leadership experience from Palantir and SafeGraph. Deep experience in ML/NLP tech and product-led development. CMU grad.
- Comp & equity: $130k - $160k, 0.50% - 2.00%
2.) Founding Software Engineer (Product) at Rally (W22)
- About the role: We're building the world’s best User Research CRM - a platform that automates outreach, screening, scheduling, incentives, and participant tracking, all in one place.
- What stands out: Work directly with the founder/CTO and own large portions of the product. Founders previously worked at Facebook and Hubspot.
- Comp & equity: $100k - $150k, 0.50% - 1.50%
3.) Founding Full Stack Software Engineer at MutableAI (W22)
- About the company: Our long term mission: to enable programmers to massively decrease the time to create high quality production code in all languages using AI.
- What stands out: Solo founder was PhD candidate in physics-turned-software engineer. Previously worked at Google and Apple.
- Comp & equity: $100k - $180k, 0.50% - 2.00%
4.) Founding Engineer at Vessel (W22)
- About the company: The universal API for CRMs.
- What stands out: Fragmentation in the CRM space, with 65+ CRMs only covering 60% of the market. Great for anyone interested in API development.
- Comp & equity: $110k - $190k, 0.50% - 1.50%
5.) Founding Engineer at Windmill (S22)
- About the company: Windmill (windmill.dev) is an open-source & self-hostable developer platform for multi-step automation & internal tools.
- About the role: As a developer, be a user of your own product and contribute to product ideas and development.
- Comp & equity: $70k - $110k, 0.25% - 2.00%
6.) Founding Software Engineer at Permitflow (W22)
- About the company: PermitFlow is TurboTax for construction permitting. We are on a mission to streamline and simplify construction permitting in the United States, unlocking more value in the $1.6 trillion construction market.
- What stands out: Regulatory & operational-driven industry being tackled with software. Has early customers and already generating revenue.
- Comp & equity: $140k - $180k, 0.50% - 2.00%